The House of Metanoia

Jade did have a letter for her. Not quite what was expected still, no less shocking.

TO - THE HEAD OF ESPIONAGE COUNCIL:
QUESTIONING OF THE PRISONERS-OF-WAR

Members of Espionage Council must carry out the questioning of the Dovish Prisoners-of-war. According to Order 913B: "Team of senior-most, well experienced Agents to report at House of Metanoia according to convenience of plans on the tenth of February".

Head of Council expected.
Court of Idgard,
Dated

House of Metanoia? That was a splendid palace! Soldiers who were prisoners of war, weren't kept in Palaces!

Then again, how did where they were kept affect them? Normally, all of those Officials would be dying of humiliation. Head of Council expected. Ugh, Alexandra would have to go?! She had no desire to meet any Dovish.

'Jade, why do you always get bad news?'

Jade shot her a nasty look, Don't you dare! If you want good news, go get it yourself!

'Alright, sorry!' She cooed, 'No more letters. Not getting, not taking.'

Very good, or I had half decided to call my brethren to peck you to death.

Alexandra STILL loved Jade - who was transparent and loyal, things she appreciated the most. Though many-a-times she gave death threats and used swear words, very choice ones in that too, Jade was the one soul she could tell all her secrets to.

Not that she would stand there and blurt out all her secrets with about a hundred spies around her - Alexandra had learnt her lesson after the Court Barrister.

That seemed SO far away now. Had she been two years old?

You were nineteen and even more stupid.

'Anybody asked your opinion, Mind?' Alexandra hissed. 'Shut up.'

House of Metanoia... senior-most, well-experienced. Bah, Alexandra understood what the implication was. The best Agents - no matter whether they were in their fifth year, or they were about to retire.

Then, for a second, Alexandra allowed herself to be flattered. I'm the Head of the Intelligence Bureau of a whole Country. I know everything that happens here - secret, private or public. Hark, I love my life!

That much, flattering, Alexandra - was enough for a whole year. Mind enlightened, uninterestedly.

'Agreed.' She confessed, 'But the best one - the Emperor Liam's mine. And I don't mind sticking up Moira into any other fine young lady who dares to look at him.' She added, then laughed at her own violent tendencies. 'Fine, I'll go find these senior-most, well-experienced members now.'

* * *

Alexandra had always had a bad feeling about going to the House of Metanoia. Now, she swore to never ignore her bad feelings.

The dazzling palace didn't help her mood. White marble floors lined with fine, golden tapestries and curtains. The windows allowed gentle, inspiring beams of sunlight to filter through and fall on fluffy, feather-light cushions. Streams of pink, blue and white were plastered on the smooth walls - like inks frozen in the process of dissolving.

Rooms? Each room was larger than Alexandra's whole house. The walls were patterned and the floors carpeted - portraits of beautiful personalities lined the walls. Dark, polished wooden furniture - neither in excess nor lacking, lined the rooms with large, oak doors and golden handles. Next to the white, spotless sheets of the bed was a large window - big enough for escaping, but shut off and locked - making the message clear: well-treated or ill-treated, prisoners are prisoners.