Hu Hsien

Hu hsien were a race of shape-changers related to the hengeyokai. They appeared as human women with the tail of a fox and survived by draining the life force from victims.

A hu hsien has two basic forms, and can shape-change freely between them. Its primary form looks like a normal fox with rust-colored or silver fur. Unlike a normal fox, however, a hu hsien fox can walk on its hind legs and hold items in its front paws. The hu hsien's second form is that of a human maiden. She has exceptional beauty and grace (18 Charisma). Her hair is long and flowing, and she wears long, silken robes. But unlike a normal maiden, the hu hsien's human form has a fox like tail. The lovely hu hsien usually takes care to hide the tail beneath her robe.

The hu hsien can speak all languages common to the area she inhabits, as well as the language of animals.

Hu hsien delight in their ability to manipulate and torment hapless humans. They are noted for their trickery, and a character who scoffs at their existence is among the hu hsien's favorite victims. Though hu hsien obtain all sustenance from human victims, they have a weakness for wine of any type. Once intoxicated, they revert to their primary fox form.