Chapter 8|Misunderstood

A maid suddenly appeared out of nowhere and bowed to us. We just waited for her to speak.

"Sir Zeke and My lady, the duke is calling for the both of you."

We followed her and when I glanced back, the twins were looking gloomy.

Blaine must've been sad that I am with Zeke alone.

We arrived at my dad's office and there, the Duke of Boulstridge was sitting on the couch, While father was busy scribbling and signing his papers.

We both stopped when we reached the couch and sat in front of the boulstridge duke.

The maid bowed silently and left the room.

Father looked at us seriously but I could see a hint of nervousness on his face.

" Uh... how do I start this..?" He mumbled as he stared at the papers.

I glanced at Duke Boulstridge. He seems happy and content. He had a broad smile on his face.

"Ava, you and Zeke are engaged," Father said in a serious tone.

I immediately looked at him as I stood up.

It's fine for me because it's a big help for my plan but what if it's not Zeke I'm engaged to?! He didn't even ask for my opinion.

What if he engaged me with a random dude?

Dad looked at me like he was apologizing but the boulstridge duke seems shocked.

"Don't you like my son?" The duke asked.

I sat again and replied."No. I'm just surprised because you didn't even ask for my opinion."

I said while I glared at my father. I glanced at Zeke and he was smiling. It's fine though.

But I feel apologetic for Blaine. I would just explain it to him later.

We both went out of our room and outside, a maid was waiting for us.

"Where are my brothers?" I asked.

It would be impossible if they are still both in the forest.

"They are in the playroom my lady," the maid replied.

While walking, I could feel that Zeke wanted to tell me something but he can't.

So I'll just start the conversation.

"What do you think about our engagement?" I asked.

He looked at me with his eyes widened. "Hm? Ah, I mean I'm okay with it."

But he whispered something in the end.

"In fact, I like it..."

I didn't ask about it anymore. Now that I think about it I should have asked...

What does he mean by he like it? Does he like me? Isn't he supposed to love the heroine though?

Maybe just puppy love or something.

We entered the room and saw them both playing while sitting on the floor.

They looked at us and their eyes sparkled as they smiled. They both stood up.

"Where have you been?" They both asked. They are so synced...I'm so jealous I want to have a twin too.

"We're engaged." Zeke replied. I instantly turned to him and nudged his waist. I can't believe he just said that!

And in front of Blaine! I glanced at Blaine and he looked displeased.

I held both of his hands gently."I'm sorry Blaine. It's just that..." I couldn't finish what I was saying.

"It's fine." He replied.

"Really?"I asked worriedly. He isn't mad? Or is he saying that so I wouldn't worry about them?

"Why wouldn't I be?" He asked back. I stared at him, confused.

"I thought you liked Zeke? I saw you two on top of each-" I couldn't finish what I was saying because Zeke and Blaine both started laughing.

"It's a misunderstanding!" Blaine shouted.

"Huh, how? You were clearly... "

"I was about to punch him but you arrived and misunderstood it," Blaine replied.

P-punch?! Zeke's adorable face...?

And on top of that, it was the opposite of what I thought, huh?

(Author: Lol, I just love misunderstandings like this.)