{Chapter 5}

[Tommy POV]

~Swearing~

I raced after the Eye of Ender, shoving Tubbo away in a bid to get it first.

After weeks of planning and resource-gathering, we were finally ready.

We were going to kill the dragon.

"Yes!" I shouted as I grabbed the Eye from where it hovered on the floor, Tubbo collapsing to the ground behind me with a wheeze-like laugh. I froze at the sound, fresh out of exile, any mentions or reminders of Dream still set me on edge. Tubbo sat up at the sudden lack of sound, immediately apologising when he saw me.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!" I relaxed at the sound of his voice (I'm not fucking clingy) and smiled at him before throwing the Eye again with a cackle.

"Hey! I wasn't ready!" I heard Tubbo bleat as I raced off, the under-developed wings on my back lending me extra speed and slowing my fall as I leapt off the peak of a small hill.

I turned to laugh at my best friend as he crested the hill, his tiny goat ears perking as he heard my cackling. I did my best to ignore his budding horns that reminded me so much of his predecessor, JSchlatt.

Tubbo huffed and collapsed, rolling down the hill ungracefully.

Not like me; I descend gracefully from the heavens like an angel coming down to la-

"Ha!" Tubbo snatched the Eye out of my pocket and threw it, using the opportunity to get a head-start. Not that it would do him much good.

"Oh, ho ho! You're for it now!" I yelled as I set off in hot pursuit of the diminutive goat. I saw Tubbo look back and he gave a brief bleat of terror at seeing how close I was. I cackled (not squawked, I did NOT squawk) and leapt over him to grab the Eye in mid-air.

I fell and we collapsed in a heap, exhausted from laughing so hard.

After a while I got back up and threw the Eye. I could see the orange of dusk darkening the horizon and I didn't want to have to camp out in the open, far rather preferring the Stronghold's enclosed safe-ness.

As if my prayers were heard, the Eye descended into the ground, popping back up a moment later to hover just above the ground.

"TUBBO!" I screamed for the goat hybrid who had lagged behind.

At hearing my elation, he put on a sudden burst of speed, and before I knew it, he was beside me.

"Here?" He asked. I nodded and pulled out my enchanted Netherite pickaxe, beginning to dig down.

Before long, we were into the Stronghold. I dropped down, dropping a water bucket for Tubbo to minimise the health lost and therefore his food and saturation loss. We only had limited food, preferring to focus on things like armour, weapons, and beds. I looked around briefly, immediately spotting the tell-tale glow of the stronghold room. Tubbo dropped down next to me in a flash of particles, his hooves clacking on the stone brick floor.

"Don't use your pearls! Save them for when you need them!" I reprimanded him sharply. The goat boy nodded mutely, seemingly lost for words. I took that moment to check my chat wristband, spotting the advancement immediately.

Shouldn't draw too much attention, people come and go from the Strongholds all the time.

I thought to myself. The real problem would come when we entered the portal and got the achievement. I mentally shrugged. We were thousands of blocks from any form of civilisation, though Dream's admin power could pose an issue if he decided to teleport to us.