Chapter 13

Author note- I'm sorry the next two chapters will contain descriptive sexual scenes. After that, the story will be more focused more on all the twists I have planned. If your are not of a mature age or if this may be triggering to you please don't read. :) <3

I woke to a loud impatient knock on the door.

"Alright! I'm coming" I rolled out of bed and opened the door and one sleepy eye to see Andreas and Ivan standing outside.

"You have been summoned by the King" Ivan informed me.

"Shit. Right now?"

"Yes." Ivan looked me up and down. "Right now".

"Give me five minutes" I looked to Andrias who gave me a warm smile before quickly shutting the door. I rushed to the bathroom to wash and dress before brushing through my messy hair. Once my appearance looked a little less like I had been dragged through a bush...or dragged into a lake...I smoothed my dress out and joined Andrias and Ivan in the hallway.

"Do I look alright?" I flapped my hands at my sides and hoped my efforts were good enough. I made a mental note to make amends with Yetta before the sun festival today.

Ivan just raised an eyebrow so I looked to Andrias, the nicer one of the two

"You look...nice" his answer was good enough for me and so I started down the hallway with my two guards close behind.

Memories of last night came flooding back, the Moonlake, me on top of Azra, the way he held me, the kiss...and the way he abruptly ended it. I stood outside my father's office staring at the wooden door.

Ivan reached from behind me and pounded on the door, startling me. I narrowed my eyes at him for forcing this moment to happen a lot quicker than I was ready for and he smiled "you're welcome" he said before stepping back.

"Come in." I heard my father from the other side of the door.

I entered his office and closed the door behind me leaving Andrias and Ivan outside. I approached his desk and sat when he gestured to one of the chairs in front.

"How is your progress with the dark royals coming along?" He asked.

"Slow. But I think I'm starting to gain their trust" I answered though in truth I don't think they'd ever trust us at all.

"Not good enough." He shook his head. "The situation with the voiderz is escalating."

"How so?" I asked and my father seemed taken back by me wanting to acquire more information. He looked down at a piece of paperwork on his table.

"I received word that the voiderz somehow managed to get through the borders of the dark realm." He replied and I wondered if Azra knew how they had gotten through. "I have increased our borders defence and ordered soldiers to patrol the streets as a precaution." He sighed. "I think Xander was right and somebody may be behind this, controlling the voiderz" he added. My stomach turned at the thought that there might be a more calculated reason behind these attacks. I looked to the General Commander Jarius standing beside my father who was silently watching our conversation. A shiver ran down my spine when he made eye contact with me.

"I have also received word that the dark royals won't be attending the sun festival"

"What?" I quickly removed the disappointed look on my face "Did they say why?" I asked.

"They didn't say...but they are sending their son and their second in command"

I released the breath I didn't know I was holding. Azra was still going to be there.