Chapter 17

A hand gripped my elbow and I was ushered out of the room, not by Azra but by Spike. I went willingly, glad to be out of that hate-filled room. Azra stormed behind us down the hallway, glancing over my shoulder I could see his brows were pinched with concern. He looked at me like I was a huge inconvenience and I took pleasure in knowing my presence was troubling him. We came to a halt and I shrugged off Spikes grip. 

"Take Aurora to my room" Azra instructed Spike while running a hand through his dark hair. 

"You are not locking me in that damn room" I curled my fists by my sides.  Azra looked down at me, his icy eyes swarming with conflict. He closed his eyes and sighed, a brief moment of peace before he turned to Spike.

"Make sure you lock the door" he spun and headed in the opposite direction. Spike gripped my elbow once again and began leading me down the hall. I guess I still had some burning rage left in me because I reached for the dagger at Spike's waist. I yanked it free from the sheath but Spike was no untrained fool, he grabbed my wrist and twisted sending the dagger flying across the hall. He tried to hold me back but one kick between his legs had him keeling over. I sped towards the dagger, I slid to my knees, grabbed the hilt and twisted around ready to defend myself and get the hell out of here. But I was knocked backwards by Azra who gripped both my wrists and pinned me to the stone wall. I hissed as he pressed down on my right wrist causing my hand to open, freeing the blade from my grasp. The clang of metal hitting the ground signalled I had lost this fight, there was nothing I could do. I was never going to get out of here on my own.  I breathed deeply, my breath catching in my throat as Azra inched closer to me and shook his head slowly. An intimidation technique that would probably work on anyone that wasn't me. Anyone that wasn't his heart-bond. Azra decided it must be safer to escort me to his room himself because he used his dark magic to jump us right outside his bedroom door. He turned the doorknob and swung the door open before pulling me inside. 

"You haven't eaten in a while, I'll have someone bring you food. Stay here and stay out of trouble." He said and without so much as a glance in my direction, he left the room. I ran after him but he closed the door. I heard the click of the lock and felt the air change as he used his magic to enforce the lock to keep me in here. 
"You can't keep me in here!" I slammed my palms against the wooden door. 
"Azra! Let me go!" I hit the door over and over.  "Let me go!... Azra!.. You have to let me go!" I ignored the hot sting creeping its way up both of my hands and the tears that began filling my eyes. I turned and leaned my head back before sliding down the door. My whole body went limp from exhaustion.
"Please...Let me go." The words came out like a pathetic whisper. Tears trickled down my cheeks and I squeezed my eyes shut to try and stop them, not wanting to cry, not here, not because of him. I reached my magic out still sensing his dark power on the other side of the door. Pleading with him was useless, he was and will never be loyal to me. Yes, I just witnessed him disobey his father but would he have done any of that if I wasn't his heart bond? I climbed to my feet looking around the room, with his magic around this place there is no way I can escape this room, never mind this realm. I lay on his bed, curling into a ball under the covers. The only way I can escape is through sleep, even if it is only for a few hours.