Warmth

Daenerys Targaryen x ghost!Reader

Words : 2382

Warning : proofread is for the weak, so. This is not.

You were cold to the touch. That was the first thing registered on her mind when you came in contact. She never minded heat, welcomed it with open arms, actually. But when it comes to the cold, it took some time to get used to. But she managed.

You were cold, but your presence ignited fire in her chest that no one else ever did. There would be a tingle all over her body, and warmth would spread from her heart to the end of her toes and the tips of her hair.

She doesn't understand you at first, millions of questions running around in her mind at every encounter that happened. She remembered, of course, they kept her up every night, a strange feeling blossoming in her chest that she wished would go away.

Some time after, she stopped questioning it.

She welcomed your nightly visits, your magnificent hair flowing down your back as you approached her, the tingles that spread down her body when your skin brushed hers.

You were her little secret, not that you minded, you preferred it that way. You knew of all her problems, you were there as it unfolds. You were the cause of her happiness, her escape, and you were cheering her on when she made yet another extraordinary history.

But she doesn't know yours. She voiced out her concern a few times, only to be met with a cold shoulder for two full moons, literally, and she learned from her past mistakes, you could say. She never brought it up again. Though, it doesn't mean the curiosity isn't there anymore.

For some reason, you couldn't go any further than 100 meters from her. But, the odds seemed to be on her side because she found out that you couldn't read. It was odd, but then again, she never knew when you were born.

Daenerys sat up straight on her chair as realization dawned on her, eyes that were very much closing moments before now wide open.

"When were you born?" You quirked up your eyebrow and tilted your head to the side at her question. "Uh, 21 years before I- you know..?" Daenerys visibly deflated at your answer. Turned out, it wasn't that you weren't willing to tell, but it was because you don't remember.

In a world of dragons and magic, only a few things doesn't make sense. One of them being you. You were visible to no one else but Daenerys, audible to no one else but Daenerys. You were a lot of things for her and her only, and most of all, you were her love.

Nothing in her life makes sense, anymore. How could she love someone so delicate, that she couldn't even touch them? How could she love someone, when they couldn't even feel to love you back? Daenerys knew of pain, but this one, it's the worst she's ever experienced.

"I know of no love," You told her once, when she played with your hair. Even though intangible, she could feel the rush of air between her fingers. She paused, heart dropping to her stomach. It was then she found out of your inability to touch matter extended to your feelings.

Still, it takes more than that to stop Daenerys. She figured there must be an inkling to her family, the way you were attached to her. So she pulled out every book she could get on the history, but there was nothing on the shadow she's been seeing every night. It was like you never existed, never lived.

You knew little of yourself, but you told her of this beautiful forest with strange creatures and something that hits a little too close to magic. You don't remember being happy, or sad, or anything. But you remembered pain, and it felt as if it never left. Daenerys thought it must've been the last thing you experienced, the cause of your death.