023. it's a setup

chapter twenty threeIT'S A SETUP

IT'S A SETUP

Sitting in John B's van the next day, Sarah, Athena and Kie were inspecting Pope's drawing which they were going to use in order to get the rest of the gold

Sitting in John B's van the next day, Sarah, Athena and Kie were inspecting Pope's drawing which they were going to use in order to get the rest of the gold. Athena had on pair of blue jean shorts and a cropped pink halter top.

"He said it looked something like this. That's 50 feet down, and they're using 100-feet rope. So I guess this little wagon will go straight to the gold room." Kiara explained making Athena bite her lip to stifle a giggle at the childlike drawing Pope had managed to draw.

"Who drew this?" Sarah asked with a chuckle. Kie looked outside the door to Pope, who was already staring at her.

"Who do you think?" Kie retorted making Sarah and Athena laugh once more.

"For someone so smart, he can't draw for shit." Athena commented.

"Kie! This better work." JJ exclaimed, throwing three gold bars in front of the brunette. "We can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it.

"It's gonna work." Kie reassured him, a smirk plastered on her face as she reached past Athena and held up a blowtorch.

The group huddled around Kiara as she grabbed a pair of safety goggles and oven mittens. She set the gold in a pot and got to work melting it. John B and Sarah shared a smile while JJ and Pope high-fived one another, them all happy Kie's plan was working.

Once Kie was finished, they all clambered into the Twinkie with the melted down bit of gold and headed towards the pawn shop. Athena had a friend, Sage Hartman, a girl of many random facts and advice, who had told Athena to never trust pawn shop workers because, directly quoted, "they're always drug dealers searching for more way to get money. They'll trick you and in the end you'll regret going there forever" and that was why Athena was so wary of the plan.

The drive was very short seeing as John B was driving like a maniac. His excitement had been slowly growing since they found the gold, it now bubbling over the edge, so much so that he couldn't even pay attention to the law of the road no matter how many times Athena asked him to slow down – which was a lot by the way. Abruptly coming to a halt in front of the pawn shop, JJ was the first to open the door. He jumped out, holding the melted piece of hold in one hand and using the other to help Athena out of the van.