Chapter Fourteen- Korean Noodles and Hotdogs

When I reached Harlow, I quickly changed into my black and silver dress. I slipped in my new phone into the pocket of the shorts I was wearing under my dress. I have to be careful with it since I only borrowed it from the prick. I can no longer do what I do before leaving my flip phone in my backpack. Nobody would find interest in it anyway. Everybody's using their fancy touch-screen phones. Now I'm part of that everybody courtesy of who else.

The club had its usual population for a weeknight. Young professionals stopping by for a quick drink and students spending their parents' hard work filled the place. I reached the bar to placed orders from a group of young men in suits. No one wears a suit like Mr. Madrid does. He wore it like the thing was invented for him. He looked professional and handsome today in a charcoal-gray one. Oh well. He always looks handsome. Shoot. Stop thinking of the man, Madi! I scowled myself.

Sir Dylan pushed a tray of Appletini and two Margaritas in front me mouthing the table number. I gave him a polite nod before heading to a table surrounded by three women in short dresses.

"Madi!" one of them yelled and I immediately recognized the voice even if we only talked shortly during my dinner with Mr. Madrid. Fancy meal, fireworks, kiss. Ugh! Why am I thinking of him again? That night ended horribly, remember?

"Marga." I acknowledged as I place their drinks on the table. I realized it wasn't their first round drinks.

"I didn't know you work here." Of course you don't, we just met once. I told myself getting their empty glasses. "Oh. These are my co-workers, Bianca and Colleen." she introduced me to her companions. I gave a smile. "This is Madi. We met at the hotel." We all shook hands and they both seemed friendly but I had to excuse myself. Marga mentioned getting coffee sometime so I gave her my new number. She told me we may have a lot of things to talk about because it seemed we had things in common. I doubt that but I kept mum about it.

The night ended before I knew it. I said goodbye to Sir Dylan when my shift was over skipping the free drink. Gladly, my headache and muscle pain didn't come back. Maybe I should ask Mr. Madrid what the clinic gave me because whatever it was, it made me better the entire night.

Speaking of the devil. I thought as I spotted his black SUV.

Uh-oh. Is he mad? The nearer Mr. Madrid got to me, the faster my heartbeat was. Yup. The scowl on his face definitely said so. "Do you even care about your well-being?" his angry tone was scary there for a second.

"What are you doing here?" I tried not to be intimidated.

"Somehow I knew you wouldn't take the night off. Why can't you just obey me for once?"

"Hey. Just because I work for you that doesn't give you the right to boss me around."

"Boss you around?" he said in disbelief. I felt the need to step back. Wrong choice of words, Madi. "I told you to go home and rest after you collapsed in my arms. That's bossing you around?" he scowled, his brow forming a line.

"Sorry. I didn't mean it that way. I'm fine. I just fainted because I skipped meals and lack sleep but I feel okay. I made through my shift without fainting again. I can't just miss work like that. I have to earn money if I want to live."

"You think I don't get that? You need to work hard, I get it. But please don't neglect your health."

I tried not to but still laughter escape my lips. "Why do you even care? I'm aware of my bad eating habits and overworking but... What is it to you?" I waited. And waited. I waited for him to respond but he didn't. I sighed. Exhaustion was consuming me, physically and mentally. Talking to him always felt like arguing and it's tiring. "Lemme guess. You worry that I won't be able to pay you back."