Chapter Forty- Nine- Memory Lanes and Yelling Ogres

Finals was coming up. All of us were busy completing requirements and preparing for exams. The band wasn't accepting gigs until the end of the semester. Even Lisa was always at home in front of her laptop with a pile of readings. Our dining table in the condominium was turned into a study table. We stayed at home on weekends and had food delivered. I guess we're all just determined to finally finish college.

I've got a lot on my mind right now most especially that Liam and Michael's meeting was coming up. Liam informed me himself that they have set an appointment this weekend. It made me anxious of what Michael's reaction would be. His tendency to be proud might get in the way of Liam's business proposal. He's going to find out that I'm in the middle of this and even if he doesn't I'm supposed to tell him.

Marga gave an update through a message when the two CEOs started their meeting. I was just at home trying to study. Huge emphasis on trying. The meeting was making me more anxious than my finals. I was worried of its results. I don't want our efforts to go to waste but we'll never know what can come out of it. I had this urge to lock myself in my room the entire weekend and come out when everything was better. It wasn't for another hour when Marga messaged me again to tell me the two were taking a break.

By noon, I headed to the kitchen and found Ali preparing lunch. I helped her and we called the others to eat with us. They knew something was up with me because I was barely touching my food. I shared to them why I was feeling anxious. They attentively listened to me and assured me everything was going to be fine. I tried to relax a bit. It was around two o'clock when Marga called to say the meeting was finally over and to warn me that Michael knows I was behind that business proposal from Liam.

As soon as I hang up with Marga, Michael's face flashed on my screen. Usually his goofy fave on the screen made me smile but now it made my heart beat faster. I hesitated to answer his call.

"Hey." I said hoping he can't tell how I was feeling.

"Hi, angel. Where are you?" His sweet tone made me relax a little.

"At home, studying." Or at least trying to. I wanted to add.

"How does dinner at 6 sound?"

"Sounds good." I tried not to sound nervous even if my palms were already sweating.

"Great. I'll send David to pick you up. I'll see you at six." He didn't even let me respond and hung up.

I didn't know what disappointed me the most. That David was going to fetch me instead of him, that he sounded so cold and didn't even say 'I love you' or that he might be mad at me for trying to help him. I took a deep breath and laid on my bed. I was overthinking things. Making assumptions won't make anything better so I decided to take a nap instead.

At exactly six in the evening, David arrived at the condo.

"Hi, David."

"Good evening, Miss Daniel." he greeted back as he revved the engine.

"What mood is the boss in now?"

"Busy."

"Huh. Angry? Pissed? Mad?" I was desperate for some intel on Michael's mood so I could think of how to approach him. Instead of answering, David just smiled at me. I playfully rolled my eyes at him. This guy and his unyielding loyalty. It made me more nervous than I already was. The entire ride to wherever we were going was torture. I was just freaking the hell out for what reason, I had no clue.

I knew Michel was trying to make a point by bringing me to Wright Plaza Hotel. It was the same place where we went on our first date. The same night I first met Liam and Marga. Somehow it made me smile and feel less anxious.