Chapter Fifty- Graduations

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into a month. I haven't seen Michael in a month and it was making me crazy. He's been flying back and forth to Singapore, Tokyo and Dubai for the past month. We talk over video call every day but I still miss him terribly.

I cried when I sent him to the airport weeks ago because I knew he won't be back soon. It was heartbreaking to see him go. He asked me to come with him during his first trip to Singapore so I did. I was there with him over the weekend. Even if he was working, he found time to show me around.

We stayed at the penthouse suite at Wright Plaza Hotel, he brought me to the new Wright Tower where his new mall will be. The construction was halfway but the building architecture was already visible. We walked around the site and he introduced me to some of his people. We had dinner later that night at a hawker place which was like a food court with more variety.

We enjoyed the food so much that we visited the most popular hawker centres. I got addicted to the chicken rice and satay and I found out how much Michael loves the Nasi Lemak. I wished I could take everything back home for my friends.

It was indeed memorable for my first out of the country trip. Sadly, I had to be home for school. It was harder than ever to let go at the airport. We flew to Singapore together and now I'm coming home alone.

*****

I couldn't hide my disappointment when Michael told me he won't not make it to my graduation. He was supposed to be home two days ago but he had to go back to Dubai and now his flight got delayed. I understood his work and I didn't want to be shallow about it. It just saddened me because I've been waiting for this day to come and I want to share the moment with him.

"Angel, I'm so sorry. I wish I was there with you."

"It's okay, Michael. I understand. When will you be home?" Talking to the laptop screen was still weird for me.

"Soon, okay?"

We heard Kyla's voice calling for me outside my door. "I have to go. Have a safe flight. Call me as soon as you land. I'll see you soon. I love you."

"I love you too. Congratulations, baby."

I blew him a kiss before switching off my laptop. Hurriedly, I went out to meet Kyla and her family.

"Wendy! You look shoo pweety!" Gracie ran to my direction and hugged me.

I was wearing a peach laced dress that stopped above my knees which I paired with black gladiator heels. Michaela put together the whole outfit for me. I'm glad somebody appreciated it.

"Aww. Thank you, Tink. You're prettier." I pointed out. She looked adorable in a floral dress. "Shall we go?"

"Yes, pweas! Les go, Peeter Paan!" she exclaimed holding Kyla's hand.

We walked to the parking lot where their family van was. Mr. Domingo was driving while his wife was on the passenger's side. Kyla and I sat at the very back while Gracie was with her nanny in front of us.

"You look gorgeous." I admired Kyla's  red off-shoulder midi dress as we settled in the van. It was also from Michaela. Actually, all of our graduation dresses were from her. Even Ali and Lisa got theirs from her which they used yesterday.

"Thanks. I can't believe we're graduating."

"Neither do I. So, are you introducing him to your parents?" And by him I meant Mr. Simeon.

"They already met him."

"What? That fast?"

"We had dinner last night and he introduced himself. I don't know how it happened. My parents seemed to be okay with him so I'm not bothered and Gracie can't stop asking about him."