Chapter 25

"So, there's several injuries in Mr Jeon's body, luckily you guys sent him here on time. Or else, he might die because of losing too much blood. But right now, he's safe. You can see him now. Anything happens, just inform me." A doctor who hold a clipboard said to Taehyung and Courtney.

Both of them sighed in relief, "Thank you, doctor." Taehyung thanked the doctor, walking inside Jungkook's room along with Courtney.

Taehyung's gaze soften, letting out a loud sigh when he saw Jungkook peacefully laying on the bed.

He walked forward, dragging a chair and placed it beside Jungkook's bed, sitting down in process.

He stared at Jungkook, love almost dripping out from his eyes.

Courtney who saw this sight just smiled, shrugging, "I'll leave first, Taehyung. I'll come and visit Jungkook tomorrow."

Taehyung hummed, "Sure. See you tomorrow."

Silence filled up the room as Taehyung just stared at his lover, feeling nothing but ease when he saw Jungkook is safe now.

He snapped out his mind when he saw Jungkook shifting, whining softly. Hie eyes lit up, "Kook?"

The boy who lied on the bed slowly opened his eyes, blinking them effortlessly.

Taehyung smiled at the boy's cuteness, "Awake now?"

Jungkook fixed his gaze on Taehyung. His eyebrows met each other as he muttered, "Who are you?"

Taehyung's smile dropped, "K-Kook? I'm Taehyung, Kim Taehyung! Your boyfriend!"

Jungkook frowned, shaking his head, "Who are you mister? I don't know you." He difficultly sit up from the bed, "Why am I here?"

Hearing Jungkook's words, Taehyung's face paled. Jungkook doesn't look like he's joking now. And he for sure know Jungkook won't joke something like this.

Which is even worse because he wish Jungkook is joking now.

"Mister?" Jungkook tilted his head, looking at the male in front of him worriedly, "What's wrong, mister?"

Taehyung raised his head up, looking Jungkook with his teary eyes, "You really... Don't remember me?"

"I really don't, mister." Jungkook bites his lips, shaking his head. "Am I suppose to?"

Taehyung closed his eyes, a tear slowly slipped out of his eyes. "No, this can't be..." he muttered, shaking his head.

"Doctor... I need the doctor right now!" He said, storming out of the room, leaving a dumbfounded Jungkook sitting on the bed.

--------------------------------------------------

Jungkook munched on the food that Taehyung bought him, sparing a few glances on the male who stared at him in daze.

"Mister? Do you want to eat some?" Jungkook asked, lifting the lunchbox up.

"No thank you." Taehyung forced a smile, replied Jungkook with his raspy voice.

The male stated at his lover who's eating happily, mind can't help but drifted to the conversation he had with the doctor.

"What do you mean amnesia? I thought you said he's alright and safe?!" Taehyung slammed his hands on the table.

"Calm down first, Mr Kim. You're in the hospital right now." The doctor warned, squinting his eyes, "Kindly sit down first."

Taehyung sighed in frustration, sitting down, "Why?"

"You mean why Mr Jeon has amnesia?" The doctor asked, earning a nod from Taehyung, "He must've hit his head with hard object. Amnesia cases always happen when a patient's got hit by hard object. It causes damage to their brain, making them loses their memory."

Taehyung clenched his fists, "Will he gain back his memory?"

"That's leave for time to decide. You can take him back to the places he knew before, talk about his past and everything that happened, it might make him gain some memories back. Aside from these, I can't help you further. I'm sorry for that."

Taehyung's shoulder slumped, "I understand, doctor..."

"Mister?" Taehyung snapped out of his mind when he heard Jungkook's sweet voice.

"Are you okay, mister?" Jungkook asked worriedly.

"I think so." Taehyung shrugged, tiredness could be seen on his face.

"Okay..." Jungkook nibbled the spoon that he's holding, "Do I really know you, mister?"

"Yes you do..." Tears filled in Taehyung's eyes, "We love each other, remember?"

"I'm sorry, I don't remember..." Jungkook shook his head.

Taehyung chuckled, bitterly. He runs his fingers through his hair, standing up as he walked closer to Jungkook.

Finding Taehyung looks a bit pity, Jungkook used his thumb to wipe off the tears on Taehyung's face.

He yelped when Taehyung grabbed his wrist, pulling him to a hug.

"Mister?"

Taehyung hugged the boy even tighter, "You love my hugs, don't you? After hugging you, can you please remember me?" He asked softly, but he knew Jungkook doesn't understand what he's talking about.

Jungkook who got hugged looked left and right, doesn't know what to do. He just patted Taehyung's back, hoping the male will get happier by his action.

Taehyung let out a choked sob, "P-Please... Remember me..."