36. It's hot

Whyen is a girl who lives in Australia. She migrated their from an unknown country around 10 years ago. She is now 23 and is living in an apartment with her roommate, Clish.

Clish was out for the night, and it was just Whyen at home. If you would even call it 'home'. There are cob webs in every corner and the house has a constant mildew smell. There's also splotches all over a tinged yellow carpet, and Whyen doesn't want to know what they're from.

She decides she can't handle it for another minute and heads out, even though she doesn't know where to.

As she's brushing her hair, the light goes off. It's a power cut. Whyen stares at the mirror, unfazed, and see a shadow shaped like a human being.

She's been seeing things recently, like shadow shaped humans all over her house. They would never come near her though. Ever.

She told Clish once, but her foolishness was quickly dismissed. After all, if it were true Clish would see them as well.

So, Whyen blinks and like usual, it goes away. The lights come back on, and she rolls her eyes at herself. "Maybe this is normal..." she thinks.

Whyen continues brushing and styling her hair, even though you wouldn't be able to see it in the dark sky, and she rushes each stroke.

Another power cut, and this time she doesn't see any shadow at all.

"Just like I thought. Hallucinations." Whyen states aloud. This time the lights stay off is longer than the first one, and she ends up standing there impatiently so she can finish getting ready and go. She starts tapping her foot against the floor when she hears someone join her, so she stops. The tapping continues.

"Clish, stop. It's getting annoying." Whyen says. "Clish?" Thats when she realised Clish was out for the night. She should have gone with her.

The tapping then stops.

Great.

So now she is imagining sounds as well.

Just great.

The lights don't turn back on for another couple minutes and its getting hot. Extremely hot. She walks over to the fan switch and turn it to the highest it can go.

"Hmmmmm-m-m-m" the fan rattles on. Another thing she needs to get fixed. The heat just doesn't pass. She frowns because even though the fan looks like its going to fall off the ceiling with every whir, it still does a pretty good job to cool the shabby place down normally.

She feels something drip on her neck. Must be sweat from her head. The lights then suddenly turn back on and she freezes. She sees a "person" above her, with no skin and glowing red flesh. Heat radiates from him, filling the whole house with an unbearable heat as soon as she looks at him.

It looks at you for a moment, grinning maniacally, and then you see the little baby he has in his hands that is dripping blood from its decapitated body. When he moves the baby towards his flesh, it starts melting.

First the skin, then the fleshy stuff underneath. Until its undersized bones fall on you, crashing to the floor.

"Don't turns on their fans... We doesn'ts likes et." It says in a raspy/screeching voice, similar to when I scratched my nails down a chalk board.

It then jumps down from the ceiling and the lights turn off.