Martini

Later that afternoon, you drive Hailee to the dog rescue. The whole way there all she can do is squirm in her seat about how excited she was. 

"OMG I CANT BELIEVE IT" Hailee yells as she reaches over and grabs your arm and shakes it causing you to jerk the car a bit out of a lane. 

"whoa whoa I know you're excited but I rather not get in an accident because of your excitement." you laugh as you look over at her. Once you pull in andd park, you are met by your friend. 

"hey! ready to pick out a puppy?" they yell out as they see you and Hailee walking towards them. Hailee squeals out in excitement and jumps up and down. They lead you inside and all you can hear is all the dogs barking and playing with each other. Hailee's face looks around in amazement. 

"OMG I WANT THEM ALL" she says. 

"wait until you see the terrier puppies we got in. you are going to die!" 

When we got to the little pen area you could see about 6 tiny fur balls running around no bigger than the size of my hand. Hailee looks down at them and instantly starts to tear up. 

"Can I go in?" she asks. With that they let Hailee and you go inside the pen. You both take a seat on the floor as the puppies excitedly run over to you and start to try to climb up into your lap. You look over as Hailee has already grabbed three of them in her lap with another one in her hands. 

"I want you and you and you and you. babe can we just have them all?" she looks over to you with a puppy dog face. 

"that is not fair. you can't use that face with me while you are surrounded by the cutest puppies on this planet!" you look back at her almost wanting to just cave in and take all of them home. 

"I know, but how do I choose?!?" she says in a sad voice. 

"Just play with them until one just feels right, when you just know. we are in no rush." you say as a puppy comes and crawls into your lap and instantly lays down. You gently run your fingers through its fur as it cuddles into you and falls asleep. Hailee spends the next hour just playing with all of puppies trying to decide. 

"I can't choose, they just all feel right!" she says frustrated. 

"I have an idea, sit there and I will put all of the puppies in your lap, the last one to leave you is the one we take home!" you offer up a suggestion to help make the decision easier knowing Hailee will most likely turn it down. 

"okay!" she agrees excitedly throwing you off a little. 

"really? I was sure you would turn that idea down." you ask.

"yeah I honestly don't know how else you expect me to choose from these cute adorable little faces" she says as she holds one up to her face and starts to speak in almost a baby voice. You get up and lay all of the puppies in her lap, lining her long legs. Slowly one by one they got up and left her lap except for one. The little girl must have been tired from running around playing with Hailee that she just curled up and went to sleep. 

"Looks like we have a winner" you say out. Hailee scoops up the puppy giving her a check over when the dog lets a big yawn and falls back asleep in her hands with what looks to be a smile on her face. 

"Yeah she's definitely the one." 

"Welcome to fam little girl, you are going to be one very loved pup." you say as you stand up and  help Hailee up off the floor. 

"I'm going to call her martini because she's so teeny tiny" Hailee says. 

 honestly guys I have no motivation at all to continue this story. it literally makes me hate myself whenever I try to write because it just isn't there for me anymore. I'm sorry :( I will be marking this as complete and I dont think I will ever revisit it. Maybe ill write some one shots but I just don't have this story in my heart anymore.