Memories

(3rd Person POV)

It was a few days after the duel with Ren and Kite, and Ren was sitting in his room thinking about it.

(Flashback)

Kite: Now Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon, attack and end this! Photon Stream of Destruction!

Ren: Quick Play Spell Activate! Phantom Knights of Around Burn! During the battle phase, by banishing 2 Phantom Knight monsters in my Graveyard, I can destroy all monsters on the field! Then for every monster destroyed, we both take 800 points of Damage!

Dark Rebellion and Galaxy-Eyes both started to glow, and beams of light started to show from them. They both roared, as they exploded.

Kite/Ren: Ahhhh!

Kite - 900 < 0 LP

Ren - 1100 < 0 LP

(Flashback Over)

Ren: (I gave it everything I had, held nothing back.... and all I did was a tie with him....)

Ren spent a lot of time thinking about that duel he had with Kite, and how close he was to losing it. He rethought everything he did in his duel, what card he should've used, what if he used that card, anything and he couldn't think of a way that he would've done anything more than a tie. After a bit, he took a piece of paper and a pen, and started to write on it.

With Yuma and Astral, it was the same. That they were about to lose had it not been for Ren stepping in and challenging Kite. Yuma was madder at himself for the fact, Ren had to step in to save them. 

Yuma: (If it wasn't for Ren... me and Astral would've....)

He was still thinking about it, but then heard a voice call out to him.

??: Yuma!

He looked behind him and saw Tori and Bronk. They walked him and Bronk gave him his duel pad and it showed a video.

Yuma: The World Duel Carnival?

Bronk: Yep, W.D.C for short, and it'll be held in our Heartland! Unbelievably strong duelists from all over the world are gathered for this carnival!

Yuma: (That means him too...)

His hand started shaking from the thought of Kite being there, and Tori saw that and got worried about him. Then eventually Bronk saw he was nervous too.

Bronk: Hey Yuma, what's the matter? 

Then out of nowhere, Yuma's grandma showed up.... when she was nowhere in sight of them.

Yuma: Grandma!

She then put down a large bag in front of him.

Grandma: Yuma, I need you to run an errand for me.

Yuma: I- I'm not free right now...

Grandma: ...I wonder where my adorable, obedient grandson went to.