15. Weird people

"Have you ever thought of trying to work as an idol's manager, Jeonggukie? I mean, do you think you can take that stress?" Taehyung asked as the two of them walked towards a nearby milkshake store that stayed open round the clock.

"Umm...no. I've never thought of it. Why?" Jeongguk swung his hand close to Taehyung's, wanting to hold it, but pulled it back after a couple of seconds of hesitance.

"It's just....if you are really up for it, then I can talk to my superiors and let you be my manager. You said you wanted to work in our company, right? Yoongi hyung is quitting in a few months as well. So if you want, you can work as his assistant for a couple of months and then take over his job when he quits," Taehyung suggested.

"I....let me think about it and talk to my parents tomorrow and then let you know," Jeongguk said.

He didn't know what to think of it. He knew it was not impossible. In a world where connections meant everything everywhere, he doubted he would be rejected if an idol as famous as Taehyung had a say in it. It wasn't like Taehyung was using the company for his fame, after all. The company was using Taehyung for its fame.

"But....will they accept me despi-"

"They might. I'm not sure, but I'm sure they wouldn't reject you just because you are autistic. So what if you are autistic, huh? I really don't think it matters as long as you think you can handle the stress," Taehyung said.

"It.....sounds good.....but I really don't do good with crowds and loud sounds and all....and you know very well your manager is expected to be with you almost all the time, right? I can't manage half the things that normal people can and I don't want that slowing you down. I'd rather get a quiet job in a quiet department of your company and just cheer you from the sidelines."

"Hmm....." Taehyung let the matter drop, making a note to himself to talk to Yoongi later about it. He knew Jeongguk's dream was to work in their company and he wanted to do something, anything about it.

"When did you start your training, by the way?" Jeongguk asked, daring to take his hand closer to Taehyung's once again. This time, Taehyung noticed his efforts and linked their hands himself, swiftly stuffing their interlinked hands into his pocket.

"Seven years ago. I trained for three and a half years before debuting," Taehyung said.

"Hmm. I don't understand why they had to train you for so long. You are so, so, so perfect," Jeongguk said with a small frown.

Taehyung didn't speak for a couple of minutes, memories of his 'training' days hitting him and making his eyes water slightly. "That hard training made me what I am today," he finally settled in saying, tilting his head away to hide his tears from Jeongguk.

"Oh. Where do your parents live?"

More tears surfaced. He was over the fact that his parents had disowned him during his second year of university for being gay. He totally was. It didn't hurt him anymore. But he supposed the fact that hard memories of his past were already hitting him hard made this one hit hard as well.

"T-They disowned me when I was nineteen for being gay," he answered honestly. There was nothing in it to hide. Everyone knew how the society was. "I've been living alone ev-ever since."

"Oh. Then who paid for your college?"

Why was Jeongguk so bent on bringing every single rotten memory of his out onto the table? Taehyung knew Jeongguk wasn't doing this on purpose. He was just trying to know more about Taehyung. But he was unintentionally hitting on every single weak point of his.