chapter 8

It all started 8 years ago....

Chloe was busy making sure everything was great for her and Marinette's tea party. They always had one, where they'd talk about their dreams and their plans for the future. Chloe couldn't wait to show Marinette the awesome tea party.

Chloe, even at a young age, tried her best to be perfect for her best friend. She saw Marinette downstairs and ran to greet her.

She saw Marinette with her parents and stopped. She hid behind a wall and listen to their conversation. She knew it was wrong, and was about to say something when she heard Marinette say her name.

Marinette POV

I was talking to mama and papa. They always walked me to Chloe's yes parties. They were always the best, and they kept on getting better each week. I wonder if we'll still do these kinds of things when we get older.

"Don't forget your manners. And play nice." Mama said, helping me put on my backpack. I was jumping up and down.

"Careful, what's gotten into you?" Papa asked, laughing.

"I made Chloe a gift and I wanna show it to her. I hope she likes it." I said, full of happiness.

"What is it?" Mama asked.

I shook my head. "If I told you, then it wouldn't be a surprise."

Mama and papa both laughed at that. "Fine, but tell us if she likes it, ok?" Mama said.

I nodded my head. "Of course, mama."

"Oh please. If it's from our Mari, then it's perfect." Papa said, grinning at me.

I smile bigger. "I hope so. Chloe only deserves the very best." I said.

I walked into her hotel and waited for her. "Chloe! Where are you?!" I asked.

Chloe POV

Did she just say that? About me? I deserve the very best?

Knowing I can get whatever I want from my parents is easy, but for someone to make me something? Especially when that someone is my best friend. I couldn't control myself. I ran towards her and wrapped her up in a big hug.

She then hugged back and we stayed like that for a while. I never wanted to let go of her, but I also wanted to know what she made me.

"Hi, Chloe. You ok? We've been hugging for a while now." Marinette said.

I quickly let her go and nodded. "Yes, it's just that I've missed you, a lot." I said, unsure what the last part meant. Sure I did miss her, but that was the longest we've ever hugged before. What's wrong with me?

She just shrugged it off. "Well, I've missed you too. That's why I made something for you." She said.

I knew she had something for me, but having her confirm it was even better then earsdropping.

"Can I see it?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Not now, first tea time. Then, we hang out like always. And after that, I'll give you the gift." She said.

Great, now I have to wait. But for Marinette and her gift, I'll be more then happy to wait.

Time skip to the tea party

Both me and Marinette were in my room. She was staring at the tea party I set up for us. I think she likes it.

Marinette POV

I don't like it.....

I love it. As always, Chloe outdid herself with this tea party. The plates and cups were all set up perfectly. There were macarons and cookies at the center of the table. A big strawberry flavored cake was in the middle of the table (the macarons and cookies were surrounding the cake).  And the table mat was white with some embroidery on the edges.