(24)The Blood Loss

We were both more than a little…speechless at Linc. Everything had suddenly changed in less than a minute. The warm blood from Jackie’s once life threatening wounds was still in puddles, the earth unable to soak up the amount of blood she had spilt, but her injures were gone. Questions on how Jackie had even gotten those deep cuts were all but forgotten as new ones arose about her husband. He had told us to think of him as a god does that mean that there were more or was he just a powerful man? If he was a god did that make him immortal? What were the odds that a werewolf would marry and a God anyway?

Neither Colt nor I was thinking very clearly at that point, we were both to occupied watching the God walk away to even notice the pissed off blonde coming our way. It wasn’t until she was lunging for me that we both snapped out of it. My head whipped from Linc to Six so fast that there was a pop in my neck. In that single moment of looking at Six I noticed that she wasn’t lunging in my direction because there was secretly another person hiding behind me, oh no she was attacking me!

“You bitch!”

Colt wrapped his arms around me and yanked me out of her line of fire, not even caring to pay attention to my injuries. My howls of pain though were nothing compared to the clawing and snarling of the she-wolf who ended up landing on top of my previous spot. The back of her feet dug into the blood stained dirt as she spun in my direction, readying herself for another lung. Colt however, didn’t give her that chance. Before I could even focus my eyes on Six, Colt had already leapt over to her, pinned her down, and taken a swipe at her cheek as well.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” He spat through clenched teeth.

The long bloody cut marks were dark with dripping blood but she didn’t even seem to notice that she was bleeding. Six turned her head back to my direction as she snarled and squirmed underneath him. “You burnt down my home, you bitch. I’d don’t care if you are the Alpha or not, I’ll kill you!”

My ears flattened themselves down automatically at being threatened. My legs were shaking and I wasn’t sure if it was because I was scared of Six’s threats or that I had lost too much blood and my body was getting growing too weak to support myself. Either way I couldn’t help it when my lips peeled back into a snarl at her. How could she believe that I was the one responsible for burning down the bar? How could she think of something as ridiculous as that?

Colt was already snarling back down at Six, ready to defend me and prove her wrong when something else happened. I hadn’t even heard the light footsteps approaching me let alone smelled his scent until he placed a gentle hand on my head. I yelped from the surprise contact and spun around, ready to attack whoever had snuck up on me. When my eyes met his face however I instantly froze.

Linc smiled down at me gently as he knelt down in front of me and petted the side of my face. He must have put Jackie down somewhere because she was no longer with him. A little bit of fear started to work its way into my mind at the fact that she wasn’t here.

“Don’t worry Jackie is sleeping back at home.” As if he could read my mind he suddenly spoke.

Not being able to actually say anything to him I simply nodded my head relieved that my friend was safe. Six’s snarling and growling caught my attention once again and I quickly turned around to face her. Colt was now staring at his friend with a regretful expression and it tore at my chest to see him like that. Six got a hand free out of Colt’s grip now since he was distracted and slashed at his neck. Colt however had been quick to move and she only ended up nicking his chin.

“Get off of me!” She growled at him and tried swiping at him again but Colt caught her hand. She struggled to get it free again but he already had it pinned to the ground. “You have no right! No have no right at all! That bitch is mine!”

Colt snarled down at her while the cut from his chin bleed down his neck. “She didn’t burn down your damn bar Six! Now knock it off before I’m forced to kill you.”

Six’s expression changed a little from rage into one of sadness. Tears brimmed her hazel eyes as she struggled against him. “That’s a lie! She did it. She destroyed my home just like she has ruined my life.”

Seeing her tears slide down her pale cheeks made me pity her. I hadn’t realized how much I had truly taken from her. She had originally wanted Colt in her pack but he was mine, she was leader of the Silverback’s but I had stolen her position, and she had been a once proud and fearless leader but I had stripped her of all of it. Now her home was gone and even though I hadn’t been the one who started the fire I was sure that I was still the cause of it. I wanted to change back into a human and tell her how sorry I was but with the condition my body was in it wasn’t such a wise decision So I had to rely on Colt to defend me.

“Allie hasn’t ruined anything. She hasn’t ruined your life you idiot, your still alive aren’t you? She could have killed you to become Alpha but she didn’t and she could have thrown you out of the pack when you first insulted her but she didn’t. She made you her Delta damn it Six.”

For the first time Six finally pulled her attention away from me and looked at Colt. Her eyes were red from her tears and her complexion was blotchy but she still had beauty in it all which made me a little envious. “What about my home! That was my home and it’s gone now. My pack…we have no home now.”

In that sudden moment I realized that the bar hadn’t been just a bar. The large upper half had been much more to the Silverback clan than I had originally thought. It had literally been their home and now it was all burnt down to the ground. The pack....my pack had no home, nowhere to go, they were alone like I had once been. Something in me changed and for the first time I felt responsible for my pack. Maybe it was because I could relate to them or maybe it was seeing Six break down and cry but either way I was their Alpha.

Changing into a human was so painful that I almost fainted from it. My wounds didn’t magically disappear or stay the same during my change in fact they grew from my skin being stretched out. The open cuts tore opened more and blood gushed out from my wounds on my arms, shoulders, and back. The piece of glass that was embedded in my hand was the worst of it all though because I could feel as if dug deeper into the muscles in my palm. I could hardly make out anything when I was finally shifted into a human. The black shadows around my vision were growing and what other colors I could see was blurry.

I knew that I was on the brink of passing out but I couldn’t yet. Not yet. I had to stay strong for my pack damn it I was their leader. I bit the inside of my cheek in concentration, slowly forcing my eyes to focus on Six. It took me a second to do it but when I did I felt a little relieved. At one point during my change she had shifted her gaze towards me but Colt had yet to notice me yet. Putting the excruciating pain on the back burner I slowly lifted myself up off of the ground.

Linc was there suddenly, his hands gently touching the only part of my body that wasn’t bleeding but rather slightly bruised. One of his hands was on my stomach while the other was just below my exposed breast. Of course clothes weren’t something that materialized after a change and even though Linc had clothed his wife he didn’t do the same for me. I could only assume that it was because Six was here and he might not want the world to know that he was a god.

I winced slightly at him helping me up only because I think I might have fractured a rib. Colt was quick to look my way then and I could feel the utter shock in his gaze as he’s eyes roamed over my body. I smiled at him slightly before pushing Linc away from me. It wouldn’t be wise to have him helping me especially when I was naked and in front of my mate. With my head lifted up high I walked over to the two of them before kneeling down next to Colt. From the corner of my eye I watched as his expression paled and worry work his way into his eyes.

I reached over and placed a hand on his shoulder more to steady myself than to be comforting. Under my touch of could feel the muscle in his shoulder tense and even noticed how his grip loosened on Six but she was no longer struggling against him. With a gentle but stern voice I said, “You are part of my pack now Six and as your Alpha it is my job to make sure that everyone is taken care of. You have a home still if you want you can come live with Colt and I.”

Her eyes grew wide at me and I could see Colt’s jaw tighten. Six shifted a little uncomfortably under him before speaking. “You can house the pack?”

I smiled gently at her. “Of course I can. We live in a huge apartment building and we would be more than happy to have you there.”

More tears streamed down her face as she nodded under Colt. “Thank you.” She whimpered softly before sobbing even more. “Thank you so much Alpha.”

“You are welcome.” I nodded down at her before resting more of my weight on Colt. I was extremely weak now and blood was still dripping from my wounds. Realizing that Six was no longer a problem and that I wasn’t going to be holding up much longer Colt released Six. His warm hands were suddenly gripping the sides of my arms but I didn’t even feel the pain from it anymore all I felt was his warmth against my cold skin. It felt amazing.

Six scooted her way away from Colt before picking herself up off of the ground. She had a smile on her face as she rubbed her tears away and started backing away. “I’m going to go tell the others.”

With a weak smile and a raspy voice I was able to say, “Okay.”

She turned and dashed away as if she was going to go see her long lost mate or something instead of leaving me there half dead. I tried not to really blame her though because at least I had colt with me. I didn’t even notice that he had taken off his shirt until he was pulling it over my head. After that I stared up at his gorgeous green eyes and mustered up a smile. I could tell by the way he was carefully holding me and looking over my body that he was scared. Softly I lifted up a hand and touching it to his cheek, right over the fainted scar.

“Don’t look at me like that Colt.” I whispered.

His eyes met mine and all the worry and fear that he was feeling was right there. It was enough to make my chest grow heavy with my own fear. Was I in an even worse condition than I thought I was or was he taken back by how beat up I was?

He leaned into my touch slightly making my stomach jump with excitement. “How am I supposed to look at you? You’re bleeding everywhere Allie. You shouldn’t have changed that was stupid of you, you just made your wounds even worse.”

“You looked a little lost with what you were supposed to do with Six and besides it’s only a few scratches I’ll be just fine.”

His eyes flashed gold as he tightened my into his chest, wrapping his arms protectively around me. “A few scratches.” He scoffed angrily. “You’re not fine Allie we need to get you some help.”

I shook my head against him in a silent ‘no’ before taking in a deep breath. His scent washed over me in waves, filling my head with only thoughts of him and how I never wanted to be away from him again. I could feel his worry as if it were my own and instantly wanted to comfort him. “I’ll be fine Colt after all I have you here to protect me.”

“Damn straight.” He spoke sternly as he lifted me off of the ground. “I’m not going to let you die Allie.”

I laughed slightly at how stubborn my mate was and rested my head against his shoulder. The feeling of being dizzy and heavy was pressing down on me and it was difficult for me to stay conscious. I could hear muffled voices talking back and forth and knew that it was Linc and Colt but I was too weak to understand what they were saying. Was he asking if the god could heal me like he had healed Jackie or were they talking about something different? I wasn’t sure but my mind wondered back to the fire unexpectedly. My last thought before blackness over took me wasn’t about if I was going to survive this or even of Colt, it was about the burning bar, what had started it and where Jackie had gotten her injures from. It wasn’t something that I could get answers for at the moment but when I woke up from this I was definitely going to find out.

******************************************************

Yea! i got my creative jucies flowing again rock on!! Only six or so many chapters to look forward to so be on the look out for the ending soon!!! Thank you all who are reading and thank you all who have been paiently waiting for an update XD you guys are my rock!