Chapter 16

"I'm sorry I woke up late!" Sunghoon said while walking to his office, and Mr Dal (manager of Hee) joined him.

"No problem Sunghoon. You never get late, I can understand. The meeting's not started yet. We all were waiting for you. You just-" Mr Dal stopped talking when Sunghoon turned around.

"Uhh... Your suit?" Mr Dal pointed out.

"My suit what?" Sunghoon questioned.

"It got dirty by flour. Were you in the kitchen today?" Suddenly, Sunghoon got a flashback at what happened today morning. And he felt kind of hesitant.

"Y-yeah... I was in the... kitchen." He stuttered while cleaning the suit.

"Well, let's attend the meeting." Then both of them went to the meeting room.

                                            __________.__________

"I never thought he could be this gentle to me. His embrace didn't hurt me but didn't comfort me either. There was something that just remained a secret." Sunoo thought.

"I am confused." Sunoo stated out of nowhere. Ari was listening to him. On the very first day of their meeting each other, they became close already. No doubt, Ari was a good maid of the house. They both had pretty much the same age. So both could express themselves easily to each other.

"I know! It's a bit hard to understand Sunghoon-ssi. But Heeseung-sii and Jay-sii are benevolent. I get so excited when they come here. The problem is they come rarely hahaha!"

"It also doesn't mean that Sunghoon-ssi isn't nice. He's just a little bit cold. You have to find out his good side." Ari mentioned.

"Are you very close to him? Like everyone in this house calls him Sir, but you call him Sunghoon-ssi?" (Ok correct me if I'm wrong, Cause I have searched a lot but couldn't find if sir and ssi has the same formality in Korean or not. And also,)

(Ssi is the most commonly used honorific used amongst people of approximately equal speech level. It is attached after the full name, such as 'Lee Chaeryeong ssi", or simply after the first name, ''Chaeryeong ssi", if the speaker is more familiar with someone.)

"Yeah! I came here when I was 8, with my mom and dad. My parents were servants of their, and very loyal to them. After their parents' death, we comforted them a lot. Sunghoon-ssi was not like this at the start. He was sweet actually, but broken... We slowly noticed the change in his behaviour. The transformation was evident. Then his father's best friend took all the responsibility of them and their business. Such a great person he was. But soon, their Uncle died too because of cancer. After that, he changed completely. He isn't the person I knew. He just became emotionless."

"My parents had to go to our old village because my grandma needed someone there. They gave all their responsibility to me. And then Heeseung-ssi was also mature. Things balanced." Ari explained, looking outside the window of the room.

"They all helped me a lot too. And that's why I never mind if Sunghoon-ssi behaves rudely towards us or not. At one time, I was his friend." She smiled at the thought of it. It seemed like Ari really missed the old of him.

"One day, he'll be a very good boy. And I'm pretty sure you'll be the one who'll change him. I have seen it, today? hahaha!" Sunoo's cheeks became flushed when she mentioned the morning.

"No, we were just-"

"Yeah yeah! He was just helping you. Wasn't he?" Ari said teasingly.

"Maybe... He likes you!" She clapped both hands excitedly.