CH. 5 Shit, Wing It

The agreement with Ms. Hart was that I wouldn't tell anyone about our hook up, right? Yes, I made a promise but best friends did not count, right? They were the only exception? We all had the right to one exception, we had to.

"You had sex with Ms. Hart?" Kayla's mouth dropped.

"Yes," I confirmed. Kayla froze. "Hello?" I snapped my fingers in front of her face. No reaction. "Kayla," I shook her.

Her eyes flickered, "You're lying?" her eyes squinted skeptically. I shook my head no and chuckled. "But that's not possible," she was having a hard time believing it. Confirming that it was, I simply shrugged. That's all I had to do. "You think she'd do the same with me?" a huge grin formed on her face.

"I don't think so."

"Well, what did you do to convince her?" she sat on my bed, paying close attention. Almost like wanting pointers on what to do. Uh huh, yeah right.

"Practically nothing," I answered truthfully. "She already wanted me, I just had to give her a little push," I explained. Kayla laughed sarcastically, not believing me. "I don't have to convince you of anything," I laid on my side on my bed, feeling exhausted. Kayla gave me a skeptical stare. "We should go get food," I wanted her to stop staring at me that way.

"I want to know how you managed to convince her," and I failed at changing the conversation.

"I already told you, nothing!" I jumped off the bed, heading towards the door. "So, are you coming or what?" I rushed her. Either way, I was walking out the door. Hearing a groan from her, I also heard her footsteps. Hurrying down the hallway and down the stairs, I saw my parents.

"I know what you did today!" grandfather shouted, pointing his finger at me. Shit. Kayla and I exchanged a look, terrified. "Ms. Lawson told me that you tried sneaking in a boy this morning," he added, allowing me to breathe out of relief. Phew. Okay, it was only that. For a moment, I thought he knew about Ms. Hart and I.

"We did not!" I protested.

"Nikki," mom held my shoulders to calm me down.

"No, mom," I felt my eyebrows connect. "Ms. Lawson can't be making false accusations," in reality, I was not all that upset but it bothered my grandfather, so why not have fun with this? I turned to him, "It hurts me that you would believe such lie," I played offended.

He sighed, as if what I was saying was absurd, "How can I not believe it if all you do is get sent to the office," he used against me. "By the way, remember when you were caught on the side of the male students?" he added, which my parents did not know about... now they did. "That's right, she went over to the boys side," he confirmed to my parents.

"Nikki," gasping, mom brought a hand to her chest in disbelief.

"How?" on the other hand, Dad appeared to be curious.

"By climbing over the fence," I replied.

"Awesome," he held his hand up for a high five.

"We do not encourage that sort of behavior," mom hissed at him. Although, from the corner of her lips, it seemed like she wanted to laugh as well. She was only acting that way because grandpa was here. That was completely fine with me, for now. Eventually, I would need her to back me up as well. Mom turned to grandpa, "We're so sorry for the trouble that Nikki has been causing," she apologized on my behalf.

"Please, control your daughter," he requested, sort of out of breath. I caused him that much stress? "I must go now," he dismissed himself and headed towards the door. Happily, I waved at him goodbye.

"Take care," mom said before closing the door. And as soon as the door closed, she leaned against it. "Finally," she loved him but it could be exhausting to deal with him. Dad chuckled. "Nikki," mom grinned. "Did you really try to sneak in a boy?" her face filled with curiosity now.