4| Boutique

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Boutique

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 4: Boutique (Adam's POV)

"Remind me again why you're suddenly disappearing for a week," Luke said, pulling his shoes on while sitting on the bench inside the locker room. 

"Because my brother's getting married," I answered, grabbing my bag and closing my locker. 

"So, you're going back to San Francisco?" 

"No. I'm going to Spain." 

"Oh, destination wedding," he sang. I ignored him and quickly pulled my shoes on. "You look like you're in a rush. Where are you headed?" 

"I have to go buy a tux," I mumbled, tying my laces. "For the engagement party. Tell Coach I left already. Bye." I walked out of the locker room and then through the doors after signing myself out, climbing into my car and dropping my duffel bag in the passenger seat. I started up the car and began driving to June's boutique. It's a boutique Joshua showed me when I first joined the team and needed a new tux for our first and welcoming party and it sells clothing for both men and women too. 

I stopped at a red light near the boutique, I only had one more corner left to turn and I was still waiting for the light to turn green when I spotted three paparazzi photographers lingering on the sidewalk. I let out a soft sigh, hitting my head against the headrest while drumming my fingers on the wheel. When the light turned green and I got closer to the boutique, they recognized my car, pointing and nodding towards it. I rolled my eyes and kept driving, stopping across from the boutique where I found a free parking spot. I turned off the car, grabbed my keys, and climbed out, ignoring the three men yelling at me to look over and tell them if I'd be back on the field the next season. 

"Adam! Over here!" 

"Adam Blackwell, here, please!" 

"Adam, will you be back on the field next season?" 

"Have you recovered from the severe injury?" 

"Was it you at last weekend's party with Ivy Pierce?" "Are the rumors true? Were you her date to her father's launch party?" 

"Are you in a relationship with Ivy Pierce?" 

I made it into the boutique and glanced at them through the glass doors. "Who the fuck is Ivy Pierce?" I mumbled, reaching the table. 

"Adam, welcome back, we haven't seen you in a while," June grinned at me. 

"Hey, June." 

"What can I get for you today?" 

"A tux, as always." 

"What's the occasion?" she asked, leading me to the men's room. 

"My brother's engagement party." 

"Oh, tell Aspen I said congratulations," she beamed. 

"I'm surprised you remember him. You only met him once," I replied.