29| Almost

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Almost

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 29: Almost (Emilia's POV)

"Okay." I stopped and then spun around to face him. 

"Done?" he asked, glancing at the three dresses draped over his arms. 

I spent so long looking and choosing and contemplating and I could only narrow it down to three dresses. 

God, maybe I am really picky. 

All three dresses I chose were blue. I would have taken an emerald green but that was the color of the dress I wore to the engagement party and it's too dark for Remy's wedding. She asked me to try taking subtle and softer colors. So I have one navy blue dress which isn't too complicated, so it looks very elegant. A pale blue and sparkly dress which I liked the best so far. And the last one was a bit brighter than the second but followed the shape of a mermaid dress and was strapless. It felt like a typical bridesmaid dress, so I wasn't too sure of that one. 

"Yeah," I nodded, answering his question. "You should change and try your tuxes on. All the changing rooms for the ladies are full, I have to wait anyway," I shrugged. 

He gave my dresses to an employee and asked her to hold onto them for me. "Do you want to come?" he asked. "You can judge each tux." 

"Tempting but no. I don't want to go in there. I'll wait out here," I chuckled. 

"Then I'll come out here and show you," he replied and then went into the changing rooms before I could say anything. 

I bit down on a smile and sat down on the couch, waiting for him to come out wearing the first tux. 

He came about a minute later with the bow tie loose around his neck instead of tied. I watched him in amusement as he glanced at himself in the big mirror on the main wall and then turned to me. "What do you think?" 

"I think you still don't know how to tie a tie or a bow tie," I laughed. 

"Well, you could always just tie it for me." 

I stood up and stood beside him, glancing at him in the mirror. "I know you can't tie the best ties but you remember the steps. Someone will fix it for you. Hopefully," I shrugged. 

"You can. Whenever, wherever." 

I met his eyes in the mirror and realized he was saying all the same things from the night we went to prom. "Oh..." I said in amusement, "because you'll bring me around just to fix your ties?" 

He nodded. "Because you'll always be there," he mumbled, glancing at the tie, attempting to tie it. 

"Are you sure I will?" 

"Obviously, where else are you going to go? You're with me for life, Rubes," he smirked. 

"Sure, I am," I chuckled.