Chapter 15: Reality (2)

Why is it another cursed item?!

When he heard that the consolation prize was actually another cursed item, Cheng Zhi Chu's heart went cold. He felt that he probably won't be able to live until the next instance.

At the same time, he heard a sudden "clink " in the bus as it waited at a red light. It sounded like something metallic had fallen onto the floor. Because the inside of the bus was so quiet, the sound was pretty loud.

A few passengers subconsciously looked down at their feet. One of them was quick to notice that there was something small sitting on the floor in the aisle. He pointed to it and asked out loud: "Whose ring is it?"

Cheng Zhi Chu looked over in that direction and saw that there was indeed a small ring lying on the foor. Under the dim interior lighting of the bus, he couldn't see it clearly and could only faintly make out that the ring was silver and covered in a layer of something that he couldn't make out.

The ring looked very simple, but with one glance, Cheng Zhi Chu could feel his heart become inexplicably cold. From the soles of his feet, he felt a chill run through him, and he instantly knew that it was the so-called consolation prize of his.

He felt uncomfortable inside and didn't dare to go pick the ring up. The other passengers similarly didn't go to pick it up so the person who pointed it out could only move to get up and pick the ring up himself. Cheng Zhi Chu naturally didn't want to watch an innocent bystander be put in dangers way because of him so he could only toughen himself up and go pick the ring up. He smiled apologetically at the passenger: "Sorry about that, that ring is mine."

"Vroom........."

The bus started moving again and Cheng Zhi Chu returned to his original seat. His hand holding onto the ring trembled and even his palms became sweaty.

He feared that he would be killed by the cursed item. After all, the atmosphere in this nearly empty bus in the middle of the night was already much like a horror movie. But after a few minutes nothing had happened so he gathered his courage and proceeded to check the rings properties.

【Item Name: Blood-stained Ring.】

【Item Type: Cursed Item.】

【Description: A silver ring. It was specially customized by the original owner for the person he secretly loved. The initials of his object of affection is engraved inside the ring but before he had the chance to give it, the owner was met with a terrible accident and disappeared leaving behind this ring that is stained with his blood.

【Danger Level: Unknown】

【Practical Level: D】

【Effect: After wearing, the ring will heat up to remind the wearer when there is a ghost or monster within 5 metres from them.】

【Side Effects: It may cause the holder to have some form of mistaken identity or relationship with the ghost or monster such as becoming its past lover, relative, enemy or any other possible relationships.】

【Note: Bound item. The holder cannot discard, trade or transfer it to others.】

At least it wasn't a cursed item that would directly kill..........

After confirming this, Cheng Zhi Chu was able to breath a sigh of relief but then he soon realized that something wasn't right.

The Danger Level is unknown. This would mean that its Danger Level would change with the instance that he is in. As noted in the ring's description, if his identity in an instance happens to be the Boss's enemy, then his outcome would be extremely terrible. At that time, it probably wouldn't be as simple as just getting killed.