Chapter 48: Ghost School (2)

Bai Yi blocked Gu Zhen's hand, and both his eyes and tone were very cold.

Gu Zhen's eyes that were looking over in Cheng Zhi Chu's direction moved over to him and, the moment his eyes fell onto him, he stalled for a moment before the smile on his face faded a little and he took back his hand. He then asked politely: "Are you Mr. Bai Yi from the Bai family?"

Bai Yi looked at him expressionlessly and didn't respond. Gu Zhen however continued to maintain his gentle and graceful demeanor. He seemingly didn't even notice the hostility towards him.

"Hello. I'm Gu Zhen from the Gu family. We have met once before."

"A few years ago, I heard that you have left the Bai family, but I didn't expect to run into you here. I just happened to know your cousin Mr. Bai Xi Xing. If it is inconvenient for you to contact your family, I can help you pass on a message."

Once he was done with this, Gu Zhen suddenly curled his lips into a smile: "As for Cheng Cheng and I, I am his———"

"Shut up!"

Cheng Zhi Chu was anxious, and he immediately rushed over to cover Gu Zhen's mouth.

Gu Zhen had his mouth blocked, but you could still see a gentle smile in his eyes. He then conversely reached out and grabbed onto Cheng Zhi Chu's wrist. He removed the hand from his mouth and held it tightly in his grasp. He asked seriously: "Why can't I say it?"

"Bai Yi is my friend." Cheng Zhi Chu spoke in a harsh tone. He tried to pull away his hand, "Don't talk nonsense in front of him."

He may appear calm on the outside, but his mind was a complete mess. His fingertips trembled slightly, and he was very nervous.

He didn't understand why Gu Zhen would appear in a place like this. Also, based on his words, Gu Zhen had also known that he was a player and was even waiting for him to fall into his hands......

.....What the hell is going on?!

Gu Zhen didn't explain why he would be here and just smiled: "Turns out Mr. Bai is your friend? If that's the case, I should form a good relationship with him."

He looked over at Bai Yi and saw that Bai Yi's expression had turned darker. Seemingly realizing something, his eyes also sharpened. He hooked up the corner of his lips and spoke without a hint of a smile:

"Thank you Mr. Bai for taking care of my family's Cheng Cheng. Earlier I didn't have the chance to explain, I am Cheng Cheng's boyfriend."

"Swooosh————"

The moment Gu Zhen said those words, he suddenly heard the sound of wind splitting. His pupils constricted and he reflexively dodged sideways to avoid a sharp white sword. The sword brushed past his face before lodging deeply into the ground.

".............."

A small sliver of blood appeared on Gu Chen's handsome face. The blood flowed down and stained a small patch of his shirt.

He raised his hand to gently wipe away the blood as his eyes swept over to the white sword behind him. His gentle and elegant demeanor was instantly gone, and he asked coldly: "What is the meaning of this?"

At this moment, Bai Yi had already pulled Cheng Zhi Chu over to his side. With dark and oppressive eyes, he looked over at Gu Zhen like he was looking at a corpse.

Cheng Zhi Chu felt a strong pain at his wrist. It was Bai Yi holding tightly onto him. The strength of that grip made Cheng Zhi Chu feel like his wrist was about to snap.

But it wasn't the time for him to worry about his hand. He looked over at Bai Yi wide eyed and couldn't believe what Bai Yi had just done.

Why did Bai Yi throw his sword at Gu Zhen......