011. chaotic date

potter
7:35 pm

potter
where are you?!

savana
the loo

potter
for 20 mins?

potter
what are u doing
there?

savana
shut up dickhead

potter
oh thank god
i thought you already
left me

savana
you know i wouldn't
do that

potter
i know i'm sorry
it just slipped

savana
and besides
its not my fault ur
ex keeps giving me
dirty looks

potter
is she making you
uncomfortable?

savana
a bit, yeah

potter
give me a minute
i'll have a talk w her

savana
keep it pg &
friendly

potter
i'll just pretend i never
saw that

savana turned off her phone while moving her gaze into the mirror in front of her.

taking a deep breath, the blonde girl began to compose herself before leaving the loo.

savana was about to go back to the party when she felt a firm grip on her waist, her eyes started to go wide as she tried to yell for help but a hand was immediately placed on her mouth.

the anxious girl started to panic as she tried elbowing the person, stopping when the person's grip is starting to loosen, a loud groan can be heard.

darting her attention to the person, she sighed in relief, seeing it's none other than harry potter who nearly gave her a heart attack.

"you fucking idiot!" cursed savana, helping him to get up as he started rubbing the part where savana had just elbowed him.

"i didn't mean to scare you, i swear." harry replied defensively with gritted teeth, still hissing in pain.

the distant chatter from the party and potter throwing a bunch of profanities under his breath was the only sound that can be heard.

"is it really that bad for you to keep your whining?" savana asked, folding her arms as she gazed at him with an annoyed expression.

he scoffs, "you should be apologizing to me right now for almost breaking my arm, don't you think?"

"and let me ask, whose fault is that?" she started to ask sarcastically, pretending to think.

"whatever." the bespectacled grumbled under his breath in which she grinned in reply.

they were silent for a moment.

harry had made his mind to stand up, "wanna get out of here?"

"and where are we going?" savana answered almost quickly, giving him a suspicious look.

"to get some fresh air, but it's your choice if you wanna stay here with — those boring people." his tone switching to a teasing one once he muttered the last part, giving her a smug look.

"don't be such a prick, the party seems fun."

"yeah okay, so wanna get out?" harry asked, stacking out his hand for her to take.

savana hesitated for a moment but ended up taking his hand anyway.

"smart choice you got there, clarke."

"don't make me regret it, potter."

"oh i won't." he mumbled not before rolling his eyes, finally dragging her with him while beginning to stroll the empty hallways.

they carry on walking while making small talks with each other until they finally arrived at the astronomy tower.

"oh wow, it's beautiful up here." savana gaped at the view above.

"it is." harry hummed in response.

shifting her attention away from the sight, she noticed harry patting the empty spot next to him, encouraging her to sit.

the girl nodded, taking a seat on the stone cold floor.

"so why did you bring me here?"

"you're my date tonight, remember?" harry replied but it sounded more like a question while raising his eyebrows at her.

"right." savana whispered, nodding slightly to herself.

"you know what, why don't we dance?"

the girl stifled a laugh but soon stopped when he kept a serious face, her beaming face had faltered and was replaced with a look of horror.

"nope, that's a terrible idea." savana responded, giving her head an aggressive shake.

"oh come on."

"i don't dance, potter and neither yo—"

"please." he plead, giving her a pouty face.

"stop! you looked like an idiot right now." she exclaimed, wanting to exit the tower.

but she was too late, harry's hand was already placed to her sides while his other hand was guiding savana's arm to put it on his shoulder.

the ravenclaw girl is giving him a deathly glare but he only grinned in triumph.

the song 'false god' started playing.

savana's glare softened when she heard the song.

"i started listening to taylor swift too because of your strange obsession with her and her songs and i realized that maybe if i started listening to her, i'll have an excuse to talk to you more — you know? just like the old times."

the girl looked at him in awestruck, jumping to his arms while burying her face into the crook of his neck, inhaling the strong scent of his pine forest cologne.

harry almost stumbled out in surprise, but immediately returned the embrace.

they stayed on each other's arms for a moment, savoring the comfort feeling they felt.

shortly, they pulled back, smiling at each other.

"may i ask, what song of hers is your personal favorite?" asked savana, her eyes twinkling, a huge grin had made its way into the corner of her lips.

author's note !
currently listening to
false god on repeat while
writing this chapter