21 | sick

— "WAIT WHY ARE YOU not coming back?" Harry asked as he walked down the stairs with Rosanna and Hermione and Ron

— "WAIT WHY ARE YOU not coming back?" Harry asked as he walked down the stairs with Rosanna and Hermione and Ron. "Dumbledore said it wouldn't be safe for me with Umbridge there" Rosanna began. "Apparently she's trying to persuade the ministry for me to be locked up or something because of my powers. She thinks I'm Dumbledore's secret weapon or something" Rosanna snorted.

"I don't mind though, I'll get to spend some more time with Sirius" Rosanna smiled only having it falter slightly a few seconds later as a wave of sneezes wash over her. She stopped where she was making them look at her worriedly. "Rosanna? Are you okay" Hermione asked as she placed a hand on the woman's shoulder. "Yeah I'm fine Hermione" Rosanna insisted. "I think I've caught a cold" She sighed.

"Maybe you should go lay down, you look a little pale" Harry suggested. "I'm okay sweetheart, I just need drink some water and I'll be just fine" Rosanna smiled before continuing down the stairs and into the kitchen. She walked over to the sink and poured herself a glass of water before sitting down at the table. She placed her head in her hand as she took a sip of her drink. "Morning Rosanna" Tonks greeted chirpily as she walked through the door.

"Morning Tonks" Rosanna said with a little sniffle. "You okay?" She asked as she hung up her jacket. "Yeah I'm fine, just got a blocked nose" Rosanna explained making her quirk an eyebrow. "I'm no healer but that looks like more than a blocked nose" Tonks told her with a smirk. "I'll be fine I'll just take some paracetamol" Rosanna said.

...

Unlike Rosanna had insisted, the paracetamol didn't work. At all. So there she was in one of Sirius' old David bowie shirts curled up in bed, tissues scattered across the sheets. She pulled the blankets tightly around her, trying to bring some heat to herself. She hadn't told Sirius she wasn't feeling well. He would insist in helping her and as much as Rosanna loved him for it, she didn't want him to get sick as well.

Almost as if he could sense her thinking about him the door to their rooms wing open to reveal Sirius standing there. A slightly worried look on his face. "Why didn't you tell me you were sick? Tonks just said you didn't look to good when you saw her" Sirius informed her as he walked over and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"I thought I'd be okay but this is one of the worst colds I've ever had" Rosanna finally broke. "I can't get warm, I constantly need to get up to pee, I'm constantly drinking water, my throat and nose hurts" Rosanna groaned as she buried her head in her pillow. "I know love but I'm here to help now" Sirius exclaimed as he stroked her hair. "Should be good" She joked making Sirius take fake offence.

"Stick my help up your arse then" He scoffed. "You know I love you" Rosanna smiled weakly, placing her head in his lap. "What can I do for you?" He asked. "Put this on" Rosanna said as she reached into the drawer and pulled out a face mask. "What?" Sirius questioned, looking at her confusedly. "I don't want you getting sick" Rosanna explained making Sirius laugh slightly. "Where did you even find that?" He asked as he took it from her hand and placed it on the bedside table.

"That's for me to know" Rosanna sighed. He only laughed and shook his head amusedly. "What can I do to help?" He asked as she got snuggled back under the covers. "Can you put on the fire?" Rosanna asked. Sirius nodded and grabbed his wand from his pocket and lit the fire. "Thank you" Rosanna smiled at him. "I'll go and make you a cup of tea love" Sirius said before leaving the room leaving Rosanna to add more tissues to the mounting pile on the bed.

A few minutes after Sirius left there was a knock at the door. "It's open" Rosanna called, sending herself into a coughing fit afterwards. "I heard you weren't feeling well" Remus said as he walked over and sat down on the edge of the bed, a stack of books in his arms. "I'm dying" Rosanna droned out dramatically. "I'm sure you are Rose" Remus laughed as he placed the books down next to Rosanna. "I found these books lying around the house, I don't know how good they are though but it might keep you busy for a while" Remus explained making Rosanna smile at him.

"Thank you Moony. I'd hug you but I don't want you to get sick" Rosanna shrugged. "That's okay" He laughed. "Anyways the twins have asked me to ask you if it's their fault you're sick" Remus said making Rosanna's eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Something about them making a sweet for their joke shop that have you a cold to get out of class" Remus explained making Rosanna giggle a little.

"Well you can tell them it's not their fault" Rosanna said making Remus nod. "Speaking of the twins, can you give this to them?" Rosanna asked as she reached into her bedside table drawer and pulled out an envelope. "What's this?" Remus asked looking down and catching a glimpse of what was inside. "Rosanna this is a lot of money" Remus shook his head, looking back up at her.

"It's for their joke shop, I left them a note inside as well" Rosanna explained. "Okay, well I'll give this to the twins and check Sirius hasn't burned the kitchen down" Just as Remus said this the door opened and in walked Sirius. "Rude" Sirius tutted. "This is my queue to leave, I'll come check on you tomorrow" Remus told Rosanna before slipping out of the room with the envelope for the twins.

"Thank you my love" Rosanna said as Sirius handed her a cup of tea. Rosanna took a sip and closed her eyes in delight as she felt the tea go down her throat, making it feel so much better. "How are you feeling?" Sirius asked as he got in bed beside her, letting her snuggle into his side.

"A tiny bit better" she said through a tired yawn. Sirius was about to reply before the door swung up open to reveal two very excited red headed twins. They ran over to Rosanna and practically jumped on top of her, hugging her tightly. Rosanna let out a huff of surprise before finally smiling and laughing a little, wrapping her arms around the boys, making sure to keep her face away from them.

"Thank you Rosanna" Fred began as they pulled away from her and sat up straight. "What's going on?" Sirius asked as he looked at the three with a dumbfounded look. "Rosanna gave us money for our joke shop" George explained. "Speaking off, we want to give some of it back to you, we can't accept that much" Fred told her making her wave him off.

"It's okay boys, I want you to have the money and I want you to succeed and I think this joke shop is a good idea" Rosanna insisted. "However I better be getting a discount on stuff" Rosanna joked as she pointed at the two boys accusingly. "Of course" George nodded. "We're going to look at the place in Diagon Alley that you suggested" Fred told her. "Good for you boys, well I wish you all the luck in the world" Rosanna smiled as the boys gave her another hug before departing the room excitedly.

"Well aren't you an angel" Sirius said as he smiled down at her. "Someone needs to believe in them, Molly certainly doesn't" Rosanna sighed, recalling all the times she had screamed and shouted at the twins about how silly their idea was.

Rosanna thought it was a terrific idea. Everyone liked a good laugh and she knew the twins would make a great joke shop. She knew that if the shop done well then Molly would say how she had always loved the idea and how proud she was of them. Molly was always like that; she always had been.

She didn't agree with you and didn't believe in you but as soon as you did well or were right she's be saying the opposite of what she had previously said.

But Rosanna never once brought her up on it. She just wanted to keep the peace.