Wrecked 1

Wrecked

ONE

Dear Addison Forbes Montgomery,

By the time you read this, you will have arrived in Los Angeles, and you'll have driven long enough that you won't be turning back (for me) anytime soon.

The weather here is dreary as it always is in Seattle, and I solemnly expect that you'll be experiencing some of the sunniest of days on the beach all the time. Perhaps you're even reading this on the beach at the time, and that would be even better for you.

When I said that the distance between us would be good, I did mean it, even if I miss your kisses at every turn.

Soak up the sun for me,

Meredith Grey

Days pass by and my eyes stay dry and I think that I'm okay

'Till I find myself in conversations fading away

Dear Meredith Grey,

This letter arrived not even on my doorstep, but on Sam's doorstep because we are neighbors, and we found that out, funny story, while we made eye contact while I was dancing by myself, naked, and all over my new kitchen.

He didn't see very much of me (no need to be too jealous, although I realize that you may be slightly envious of this), and to his credit, he was very deeply embarrassed about it.

The beach as you mentioned, is quite lovely.

I've been nearly bathing myself in sunscreen since I've arrived so that I don't burn all over. The pale skin is an absolute pain, and I don't even tan, I just freckle at the very best of times.

I miss you also, and while I always wanted you to pursue your hopes and dreams, a small part of me does wish that I could kidnap you here to St. Ambrose, if only we were the best surgical residency program in the country...

Hi to Bailey, and Richard, and to the others from me,

Addison Montgomery

The way you smile, the way you walk

The time you took to teach me all you had taught

Tell me, how am I supposed to move on?

Dear Addison Forbes Montgomery,

Your decorated envelopes always make me smile.

Cristina would give me so much shit for all of eternity if she ever caught me with a pink lace envelope, but it's all worth it when I run my fingers through the texture that you've somehow managed to create out of... A craft material of some sort.

All I can offer you is this pencil doodle of a poodle since I tried to draw Doc, but then it was too poofy, and it has three ears because I didn't like the first two, but when I scratched it out it looked like another ear, and I just kept it because I'm sure that three-eared dogs exist, too.

Call me sometime soon? I have the most ridiculous news!

Meredith Grey

Ps. It's probably good news, but I hate it. Oh, well.