Guilty

Harvey could barely contain his excitement when he wanted to show Adella his new model airplane. The weather and his work schedule lined up perfectly so he can fly it. He set up a few refreshments and snacks at the picnic table by the old community center waiting for his beloved farmer.

He sees her approach the town square on foot and energetically waves her over.

"You're definitely happy about something." Adella grins finally getting to the picnic table.

"Ecstatic is more like it!" Harvey hugs her tightly and kisses her head, "I feel like I haven't seen you in awhile. How have you been, darling?"

Adella hugs back and smiles up at him, "I've been good, just been busy with a lot of things."

"I hope I'm not pulling you away from anything important." He said with some concern pulling back his arms.

"Oh no! You caught me at a great time, actually." She mentions, "And I wanted to see if you wanted to hang out today, so this is perfect."

Harvey's smile grew wider and leans down to kiss Adella. He wraps his arms around her again, settling his hands on the small of her back. Her hands snake to the front of his chest gripping tightly to the lapels of his jacket. The air around them grew hotter as he felt her hand caress the back of his neck. Harvey pulls back flustered by the sensation.

"Is uh... is everything alright, d-darling?" He stutters as the temperature in his cheeks increased.

"Yeah, everything's fine." Adella confirmed blushing also, "I guess I missed you too much."

Harvey softly chuckles expelling some pent up nervousness, "And I've missed you too, sweetheart." He quickly kisses her cheek before picking up his plane, "Anyway, I wanted to bring you out here to show you this!" He shows her proudly.

"Did you make this?" She asks admiring the details of the craft.

"Yes I did!" He beamed, "This is actually my first remote controlled plane I built and I wanted to fly it with you."

"Well let's fly it then!" Adella grins sharing his excitement.

Harvey sets it down on the ground away from them and turns a few knobs and twitches to get the propeller moving. With enough speed it got up to take flight.

"It works, it actually works!" He cheers amazed at himself that he made a working engine for the scaled down plane.

He and Adella laugh and cheer watching the model plane soar across the cloudless blue sky. Harvey worried earlier this morning about showing her his hobby. He didn't know if she would find it weird or be disinterested in it, but luckily he was worried about nothing.

After a few more minute flying, he was able to successfully land the plane on the dirt trail near them.

"Wow, I still can't believe it flew!" Harvey smiles walking over to pick it up.

"You're definitely smart enough to figure that out," Adella compliments, "You certainly do have a talent for it."

"Thanks," he smiles bashfully, "I always wanted to be a pilot, you know."

"Then why aren't you one?"

"I found out I have acrophobia while climbing the monkey bars at school when I was seven." He pauses before adding, "Broke both my arms because of it."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Adella frowns.

"B-but don't be sorry!" Harvey held his arms out wanting her to hold her sympathy, "I'm actually happy that things turned out this way! I wouldn't have become a doctor, which led me here, and ultimately I wouldn't have met you."

Adella smiles as her cheeks turn a darker shade of pink, "That's honestly really sweet," she tucks some hair behind her ear, "I'm glad you found your new calling."

"Yeah." He nods smiling at her.

Adella sits down at the picnic table and picks at some of the fruit Harvey brought out. He notices her glance off into the distance as if something was plaguing her thoughts. He sits across from her and makes sure he looks around instead of blatantly staring at her.

"I didn't take you away from something important did I?" His question fell on deaf ears, "Adella." He reaches to hold her hand.

"Hm?" She turns facing him, "Sorry, I was just... thinking." She apologizes clearly bothered by something.

"Want to tell me what's going on?" Harvey asks gently running her knuckles with his thumb.

"It's nothing," Adella assures him, "Just... thinking about Moonlight jellies dance...it's stupid."

"I'm sure it's not stupid, dear." He softly smiles squeezing her hand gently, "You know you can tell me anything right?"

Harvey put that reminder out there to promote their open communication with one another. It only seemed fair that he disclosed his private hobby and greatest fear. But something in the back of head kept telling him that this wasn't the only thing on her mind.

She lets out a chuckle with a nod, "I know." She sighs and puts her free hand on theirs, "Considering what happened the last dance, I was fortunate I left because I have a fear of jellyfish."

"To be fair though, jellyfish can be pretty scary." He softly smiles lightening the mood while making Adella crake a smile. "Tell you what, that night we stay in have dinner and watch a few movies. How does that sound?"

"That sounds wonderful." Adella smiles and leans over to kiss him.

Harvey kisses back and smiles at her, "It's a date then."