Playing Detective- XVI

You had gotten up early, and dressed yourself fairly quick. You were itching to get started with the investigation. Not to mention how Camilo promised to help. There's a ghost of his touch on your palm, where you remember he kissed.

Breakfast felt suffocating. Little by little you noticed your parents pull away. They had given up entirely on smiling at you, and rarely talked. They no longer looked like themselves, when at the start of your staying they had been so energetic.

As quick as you could, you left, your mother not batting an eye. You were concerned, of course, but with what was happening with Casita, you wanted to get that over with.

The rauna Camilo had lent you was bundled in your arms. You had washed it before you went to bed. It disappointed you how it no longer had his scent. You were so engrossed in your thought you dont notice Camilo walking towards you happily.

"Buenos dias Mi amor!" Speak of the devil. "I see you brought my rauna, but I'm already wearing another."

He gestures to the bring yellow garment he had on. Camilo looks to be thinking for a second before he grins cheekingly.

"no." You can't fight the smile on your face as he laughs.

"You didn't even let me ask!" As he's talking Camilo leads you into Casita. The steps he takes are unfamiliar, before he presents to you a green door, one you had not seen a lot of.

"Mirabel, she's waiting for us now."He explained. You reach to open the door but he stops you. Camilo points to the cloth in your arms with a smug grin. "I'm not letting you in until you put that on."

the noise of protest that leaves your lips only made him smug as leaned on the door frame. Theres a silence as you stare at each other. Your waiting for him to back down while he has no intention too. Camilo gets closer to your face, until both of your noses touch.

A small contest ensues (one that you lost) before you sigh. There's nothing wrong with putting on the poncho for today. It was loose and draped nearly past your knees. It almost looked like a dress and Camilo snikered before opening the door.

"Oh! Y/N! Camilo!" Mirabel hurriedly pulled you in before spitting out all the information she gattered. "so first I asked Dolores if she heard anything, and she said Lisa's eye was twitching so I went to Luisa and all of that leads to bruno's tower."

"The rauna looks nice on you by the way." She finishes and the statement makes you flush.

The amount of words that she let's out is mighty before she took a deep breath. Mirabel pointed to a map of sorts which showed their progress so far which was 'visit tower of bruno'. The end result being 'save the magic'.

"So." She points to Camilo who squints his eyes back at her. "what do you know about Bruno?"

His demeanor instantaneously changed, smirk rising. He seems to move to be in front of the both of you, dramatically readying his arms.

"Seven foot frame~" Camilo morphs into a tall figure that easily towers above both you and Mirabel. "Rats along his back-"

The rasp in his voice brings chills down your back. His singing is heavenly, you never knew he had such a talent.

"When he calls your name,"He leans closer to whisper the last parts, lips shyly brushing by your ear."it all fades to black."

"yeah he sees your dreams, and feasts on your screams~" Camilo pulls away, striking another pose, laughing heinously at Mirabels questioning look.

"Thats the song you've been practicing ever since-"

"That's the song." he confirms, putting a hand on your shoulder. You're still is a shock by his performance and you only gawk at him.

"Well," Mirabel declared.

"It's time to pay bruno's room a visit."

The door creaks open to reveal a nice wooden floor. It was pretty empty though. Camilo looked around with curiosity, still lingering clsoe to you, while mirabel felt around the giant hourglass carving.

"Casita, can you turn off the sand?" The tiles clack against themselves and you frown. She can understand that?

"Yep, only Mirabel and Abuela get what Casita says, we just play along." Camilo shrugs following you as you wander towards where the opening covered by sand was. You reach towards it, expecting a wall of some sort, only to lose your balance and fall right through.

"AHH!" Your scream startles both madrigals while Camilo immediately jumps after you.

"y/n!" There's panic and urgency in his voice before you hit the sand, and he does too. "Oof, ow, Hermosa are you okay?"

The male scrambles up in cold sweat, nervous of what he might find. If he was fine surely you would be too, right? Mirabel's shriek is what follows next.

"Ow, Ow Camilo?" You wobble in your attempt to get up, eyes still squeezed shut. The sand that got in your mouth was nauseating. You were slightly tangled up in the rauna you wore.

"I'm here Hermosa!" He trudged over to you, taking your hands off of your eyes before brushing as much sand as he could off. "Careful when you open your eyes."

"Yeah just," Mirabel slightly grumbles. "forget about the person who started all this, yeah, that'd be fine."

"are you, are you both okay?" Camilo nods and as does the girl, who stared up at the winding staircase that await you three. "That..."

"A lot of stairs," He leads you over to the very first plank, dragging mirabel along too. "We best start now."

That was an hour ago. Now you all were sweating, panting, and trying your very best to be positive. Which is hard.

The beginning was fine. Mirabel sang a small tune she would use to tell the kids about 'the family madrigal'. You and Camilo joined in occasionally. Harmonizing was fun if you didn't stutter.

And then your legs started to burn halfway, and you nearly toppled over the tower if Camilo and Mirabel hadn't caught you. Now they had you walk on the sides.

"I can't, I cant-" you gasped for breath desperately, slowing to a stop before sitting down. No one complains, joining you. Camilo rubs your back while Mirabel opens her mouth.

"BRUNO YOUR ROOM IN THE WoRsT!" Her voice cracking. The two of you nod tiredly at her sentence.

Magical how many stairs fit in here.