Who is he?- XXXV

His eyes bore into yours, expectantly waiting your reply. Except you didn't exactly know what to say either. The boy never tried to hurt you on purpose did he? You glance away, hesitating slightly.

"I dont, I dont think, i dont think so-"

"Y/n."

Camilo tightens hold on you. As you glance up there's concern rooted deep within his expression. No longer did he wear a smile, instead having replaced it with a sour look. His lips were pursed and his brows were knitten.

"I, you can, you can, stay near, near by?"

You mumble, avoiding his gaze. The male sighed, hugging you. He was reluctant, you could tell, but agreed anyhow. God you hoped the boy didn't do anything. If somehow you ended up hurt, Camilo would have probably never let you alone by yourself.

"Yell if you need me," There's resignation in his voice. "Good luck mi amor."

He lingers near the door as you enter, watchful and tense. You too walked with trepidation in small and carful steps. It chilled you to the bone once you had entered your parents room, items and papers strewn about.

A struggle was clearly shown, thankfully exempt of any blood or signs of violence. It was most probably just someone who entered in search of something that was valuable. you couldn't really think of anything important, aside from maybe your mothers jewels or the money your parents kept in a hidden box somewhere.

Suddenly you feel a hand wrap around your mouth, and you freeze. Before trying to wrestle from the hold and attempting to make some sort of noise.

"dont shout."

As quick as you had started, you had stopped struggling. The voice was familiar, and you recognized it to be the boy's. You turn to see him in the same unruly state as in your dream, eye bags, dirty clothes and a scowl.

"Where is the thing?"

"what?" You tilt your head in confusion as he groans.

"the one p- your dad, your dad told you about." His tone is impatient and hes agitatedly fidgeting with his hands. How did he know about that? How long has he even been watching you?

"Its..." You trail off, looking around before spotting a floorboard with a particular marking. It was miniscule, and pretty normal, but it stood out from the rest. Gently you ease it up, wincing at the loud creaking. "Its, its in here."

"Sin mierda, i wouldn't have guessed." He grumbled under his breath, pushing you out of the way to unearth the box that lay under. He took a quick peek before swearing further. "La hostia-"

"what?"

The boy doesn't grace you with a reply, taking the container warily. His frown deepened, taking a few steps towards you.

"lets go, take me to that lover boy of yours."

"W- wait, what? i thought you said that, that, that someone wanted to kill you-"

"Yes," He paused, freeing his hand by holding the box under his arm. You watch in anticipation as he rumaged through a satchel you hadn't noticed until now."You trust him right?"

"yeah but-"

"Then i trust you."

You stare at him in shock as he then pulled out a knife. It gleamed in the light, menacing as he admired its point. You noticed it was nearly identical to the one he gave you before, except for the 'D' initial that was carved on the metal. If you looked closer, you could tell with how the hilt was worn, that it has served its master faithfully.

"I also have this thing so im pretty much set."

"y/n?" Camilo called out, surprising you. A yelp left your lips and the boy turned back to you with wide eyes, pointing the knife at you with an expression that said 'what the hell'. "Y/n!"

His steps were heavy and urgent as he tumbled past the doorframe. Camilo looked around, and your face softened once you saw the fear in his irises. The male was quick to cover you, turning to stare defiantly at the boy who watched with bored eyes.

"Did he do anything?" Camilo's voice shook, trying his best to steady it. His gaze was locked onto the blade that the boy held. It made you feel even worse to realise that he worried you would have been in julieta's position, and if it was you who was hurt, or worse killed, who would be there to bring you back?

"Camilo, Camilo it's, it's okay-"

"Y/n he has a knife-"

"But its-"

"Relax," The boy walked over, pocketing the blade. Camilo retreated, protectively propping up his poncho, and elevating his height. He was like an owl, attempting to look bigger and more menacing. "I wont do anything to her. You ought to listen to your esposa."

Camilo tensed, brows furrowing. He could tell how the boy's intent was to tease, and he didn't quite like it. You still remained hidden from behind the male, and try your best to peek over even from the side, but his utter size made that rather difficult. He turned over, sending you a questioning look.

"Its, its okay, he uh," You fumbled with your words, searching for the right ones. "hes the, the guy, the guy i see in my, in my dreams."

"He's the- Hes the one?"

In his surprise Camilo shifted back to himself so suddenly, and you double back at the quick action. You hit the floor with an 'oof', the male immediately offering you a hand with an apology. He's still warily watching the boy, who doesn't even look at the two of you.

"Yeah, its Diego. Dont wear it out," Diego warned as you gasped.

"What- you never- you never told, told me your name!"

"You never asked, bobo," He sneered and Camilo grunted. You frowned as well, crossing your arms and puffing your cheeks.

"Hey, dont call her that!"

"tch, i do what i want."

They bantered up until you reached the door. Diego smug as Camilo huffed angrily. The boy had excused himself earlier, jumping off an open window.

The two definitely did not get together well.