I- XXXI

Waking up in the dream realm still surprised you, but it wasn't particularly bad. The boy stood there with an apprehensive look. He's startled by your entrance as well.

"hey-"

"You did great." He muttered quietly. Despite his praise the words felt empty. "there's something more serious that'll happen soon. But for now, good job."

The tease from his voice is gone completely and sudden authority takes over. He's scarily like a general, face serious with his lips pressed in a thin line. He waves at you absentmindedly while you yell at him.

"What- hey wait!"

"You need the sleep."

And your eyes fluttered open. The room was thankfully dim, but light seeped in from the curtained windows. A slight groan leaves your lips- your mouth felt disgusting. You could practically feel how many days you've been down.

At your shuffling someone immediately jumps up. Camilo has an unexplainable expression worn, it was grief but perhaps worse. His cheeks was flushed from what you assume was crying, heavy eye bags adorning his face. His hair is unkempt, sticking off at odd ends, and his rauna had stains and whatnot on them.

You don't even get to blink before he burrows himself into you, not holding back with his cries. The shake on his back increasing as he started his panic transforming. It made you frown. Camilo looked again like a helpless little boy. There wasn't particularly anything wrong with it but seeing him in such a state made your heart ache.

The whimpers that leave his throat are hoarse, and he's clutching onto you hard, as if afraid you might disappear from his hold. Camilo claws at the fabric on your back as if attempting to pull you even closer. You notice that he's desperately pressing his head to your chest, as if searching for your heartbeat.

You move to accommodate him better, wincing at the pressure it put on your still apparently wounded arm. The male tenses, backing away to position you himself. He doesn't meet your eyes at all, or more like he can't. Instead Camilo returns to nuzzling you, sniffling every now and then. You rub his back, and he melts into your touch. With how the male held onto you you'd think he was trying to merge you two.

Camilo doesn't look up as he talks, his words muffled by your chest. His face remained pressed there, turned slightly so you could see the side of his nose, and how his trembling lip imitated his weak voice.

"You looked, you looked like an angel." he choked out bitterly. You weren't sure where Camilo was going with this but you coaxed him to continue. "you were... Glow- glowing."

There's a melancholy feel in his tone, a slight regret as well. And guilt. It all confused you, why did he feel such terrible emotions? Camilo gulps for a moment before starting, his voice continously breaking.

"And, and and, I was, I was entranced by your pain-" He sounds disgusted with himself. "I didn't, I didn't stop you, you cried and I didn't help- I didn't I thought I thought I, I was going to lose you-"

"-And I can't, I can't lose you I, I know God I know it's too soon but I can't, I can't I- I love you too much-" He rambled on, hugging you tighter as tears streamed from his eyes."I'm pathetic... I can't even look you in the eyes as I say it."

"Camilo..." You voice is still heavy with sleep. With the amount of gunk in your mouth you wince at your breath. "its going, it's going, going to be okay, we're, we're okay..."

"you're not okay-"

"Camilo." He doesn't elaborate any further, nestling into your hold. "Is that, is that all?"

"y/n you, I, I felt like, like I had to choose- you hurt yourself for Tia Julieta, but I, I I was I, she-"

"shh, it's, it's okay, i understand, im okay, I'm okay, okay now see?" You mumble, breathing in his comforting scent. The male huddled closer, still actively trying to see if he could somehow hug you any better. "Can you, can you help me, help me up?"

"You shouldn't be getting up yet." His hands rub your back, and you can feel the rumble of his voice in your chest. You fondly place your hand on his cheek, and he smiles, kissing your fingers.

"Mi, Mi Cielo, my arm is injured, not, not, not my legs," Camilo rolls his eyes, propping you up even with the exasperated expression he wore.

"Sweet talking me now Hermosa?"

"mhm."

His hold is gentle as he guides you to a sink that you swore wasn't there. We're at his room, you realise. There were a collection of various dentifrice placed in a yellow cup on the stone surface. You take the one that didn't look used, and brushed away. Camilo excused himself for a brief moment to freshen up.

Once you finish he's waiting, leaning against the wall as he watched you. At this point you're sure he ogling. His rauna was spotless and much brighter than before, his hair forcefully pushed down. What stood out the most was the mischievous expression that you oh so missed. How long has it been since you've seen it?

Any trace of his sullen mood earlier was gone, only the reddened area around his eyes holding a landmark to how he sobbed in your arms.

You're snapped out of your trance when he walks over, that signiture smirk etched on his face. Without another word Camilo kissed you, but it was unlike before. His lips were vicious, as if he was adamant to suck the air about of you. He kissed you hard and fast, and your face burned with the heat of a thousand suns.

It was feverent, and it felt like forever before he finally let go, face red, but that, that smug look of his never leaving. You were panting, barely able to breathe before he kissed you again, pushing you against a wall. Only this time when he pulls away an awkward cough resonates from the room.

"Eh, mijo, I brought some arepas?"