Chapter 1

Su zhen

The storm that loomed over my mountain forest raged, animals ran with each clap of thunder and shock of lightning, swimming through the water of my favourite and largest pond, I hid under the water, the instincts of my animal side telling me to hide away from the storm, curling up in the little cave like chamber I bud for myself, I waited till the storm passed.

Being in my animal form, I can live for days under water, being a demon, my white snake form is more deadly than any snake, I was born a thousand years ago but among my kind, I'm still considered a toddler, for both demons and immortals, with our age and how long we live for, we're not really seen as adults until we're 10 thousand years old.

Marriage age for an immortal is 8 thousand years old, demons marriage age is 500 years old, as the storm looked like it was starting to pass, i slivered out of my little hiding place and up to the surface of the water, peaking my head above the surface, light drops of water matted on my scaly head. Swimming to the edge as the rain stopped, as the rain stopped and I could see the storm move into the distance, feeling after being in my snake for a thousand years that it's finally time to turn back into my human form.

Turning back, I tried my best to climb out but not having legs for a thousand years, I don't really remember how to use them to get out of the pond, suddenly Xufeng appeared, "Ah Xufeng, help me out!"

"Wow Su zhen! Is that you? Your beautiful," I smiled as I grabbed onto some grass to try to pull myself out, "thank you, that's very sweet of you to say but I'm still stuck and I don't remember how to use my legs."

"Oh right, sorry," grabbing onto me, Xufeng pulled me out and held me steady as I got to my feet, "thank you but why are you here? You don't normally come see me, what did you do that you need my help with?"

Xufeng looked so offended, "what? I didn't do anything! Well nothing for now but knowing me, I'm bound to do something," I nodded, "yeah, probably," Xufeng let me go, forgetting that I haven't walked or stood up in a thousand years and don't remember how to do it, falling to the floor, he looked so confused, "what are you doing on the floor?"

"Having a picnic! What do you think? I haven't been in my human form for a thousand years and being the idiot you are, you let me go before I taught myself how to do this all again!"

"Oh right, it's just that I came here to tell you something important and forget about your legs," offering me his hand, I took it, using all my strength to pull myself up, "damn this is hard, no wonder it takes babies so long to grow strong enough to do this crap! You said you came here to tell me something important, what is it?"

Taking his arm, we walked arm in arm together as I slowly got better at walking again, "depends, what do I get in return for telling you?"

"I'll give you a choice, either I tell you something you don't know or I'll beat you to a pulp!" Xufeng laughed, "oh please, everything you know, I know and more, I doubt there's ever anything that you know that I don't."

"Oh really? Well I'm pretty sure I know something you don't know about jimin," I giggled, "tell me what it is, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me. Tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me. Tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me. I can go on like this forever, we have an eternity, I can do this for thousands of years and you know it, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, oh dear god would you just tell me?!"

"Alright, alright I'll tell you, I think jimin is pregnant," Xufeng smiled, "do you really think so?"

"Yeah, your going to make a splendid father, I do ask that you try not to be to controlling with your daughters," Xufeng stopped me, "it's a girl or girls?"

"I don't know but with how much you and jimin love each other, your going to have an army of children no doubt and many of them will be girls and with how protective you are over your family, you'll probably wage a war when your daughters fall in love and want to get married," Xufeng smiled as he laughed. "Yeah, I probably will do that, I don't want anyone to come and take my daughters away from me."

I laughed, "I can't wait till the day comes when they fall in love and they show you just how wrong that you are and how you can't keep them with you forever."

"We'll see about that, we've known each other for a long time Su zhen, you know how strong willed and stubborn when it comes to my family," I chuckled as we walked arm in arm, "believe me, I know that fact better than anyone else, probably even more than jimin herself," Xufeng stopped, moving in front of me with a serious look on his face as if he's about to tell me something that will change my life forever. "What? What is it?"

"Su zhen, I have a big surprise for you, it took a white but I managed to do it, I've managed to convince my father to let you participate in the trail," I nearly chocked, "what? Really? But how, I'm a demon," the trail is a challenge that all immortals must go through in order to get their title as god, when Xufeng passed the trail, he became the god of war and fire, "I know but if you pass, you won't be a demon anymore, you will become a god and become immortal."

"Really? I am, your mother has allowed it," Xufeng mother despise me, she hates me because I'm a demon and doesn't believe I'm worthy of being friends with Xufeng, she even tried to kill me once when I first met Xufeng, I was about 50 years old, mother took me to heaven to see the heavenly emperor because they were friends, Xufeng was sitting on the empress lap as her and the emperor sat on the throne. Xufeng got down and walked up to me, the empress tried to call him back, calling me filth, Xufeng took my hand and we ran off together, we went to his palace. Laughing when we arrived by little pond with a tree on the other side, he asked me what I was, I said I was a snake, Xufeng called me beautiful and promised that we would be friends forever, he asked me to push him something as a snake, I showed him my tail while staying in my human form.

Putting my tail in the pond, I moved it slowly back and forth, looking into the water, Xufeng got to close and fell in, using my tail, I pulled him out by wrapping my tail around his waist, the empress saw my tail wrapped around Xufeng and thought I was attacking him, using her powers, she threw me again the large pillar, being just a small child, my body and especially my back was servilely injured. If mother and the emperor hadn't arrived, the empress would have killed me, Xufeng picked me up and put me in his bed, he took care of me, nursing me back to health, he wouldn't let anyone touch me, from then on, I spent the next thousand years of my life in my snake form, well until now.

"What will I have to do whilst I'm there, how many challenges will I have to overcome?"

"7, you'll be reborn with all your memories of this life but you won't have any powers, you'll be a proper human, I'll come visit you through the years whilst your there and try to help you as much as possible but there is only so much I can do since you have to do this on your own," I nodded, "thank you, I look forward to seeing you in the human world, we are going to have so much fun."