Chapter 2: Lunch

Kiyotaka Ayanokoji's Monologue

Happiness, fear, love, sadness, anger, and hate.

Have you ever felt those emotions before? You are probably wondering why I am asking this question.

I am probably the only person that hasn't felt these things.

I am different from everybody in this world.

I am indeed a genius, but I am never happy about being one. I never felt happiness from being different from everybody, it makes me feel worse about myself.

I never felt fear because there was nothing for me to fear. 

Tell me can there be darkness in a world of pure white? Everybody might think no, but I am one of those people that believe... no, I am one of those people that knows that there can be darkness in a world of pure white.

 In the white room, children are left to die. 

Different children around me are always left to die, I am never afraid to be one of those children.

I am just used to somebody always dying. 

I never felt fear of dying. 

I know everybody in this world always dies no matter how much time it takes. 

Death is one bullet no living creature can ever dodge.

I never felt love because I don't know anybody to love. 

I had never shown my affection for anybody, not even my parents... 

My mother died right after I was born. 

And my father... I don't love him but... I don't hate him.

 I guess I am just neutral for him, just like how I am neutral for everybody else.

I never felt sad because I had always learned to accept everything that happens.

There are always things nobody will ever understand. 

Emotions are one of those things.

Tell me do you know why we feel emotions in the first place?

Emotions do not help us survive.

They give us harm.

What happens when your loved one dies? Sadness. 

I've read so many books about somebody getting depression because their loved ones died.

What happens to somebody who feels sadness? hate and anger.

What happens to somebody who feels hate or anger? Jealousy, envy, and murder.

Those are only some of the emotions of the things that can give us harm, there are so much more ways emotions can give us harm. But.. why do I still want to experience it anyways.

|End of Monologue|

"Kiyotaka-sama, the guests are here."

"I'll be right there Matsuo-san."

I was admiring how beautiful this day was. No clouds were visible in the sky, the nice cold breeze, the birds chirping, and the sun is shining. 

I exited my room and went down the stairs. Step by step the faces of my classmates were visible. Some were chatting with each other while some were alone. As I was going down the stairs they turned their attention to me.