Unlikely Allies

Things went from bad to worse in a matter of seconds, the last thing Robin remembered was that the new group of baddies, the H.I.V.E, had taken them on. Next thing he knew he was jumping down into the sewers in order to avoid a hard hit. One thing led to another and he ended up hitting his skull and knocking himself out cold. Completely unaware of the other presence in the sewers.

Time skip

He had just woken up. His skull throbbing. But when he went to touch his head, he felt an ice pack? Sitting up he realized he was in an apartment, old and not the best to be honest, but it looked homey. He noticed he had bandages wrapped around areas he had skinned or been hurt. Odd, did a civilian find him? The top half of his costume was to his right laying on a side table along with a lone Birderang, yet his mask remained on.

Now noticing the smell of food and the distant sound of clattering coming outside the room, Robin stood up and limped his way out and into the kitchen area peeking from behind a door. Looking around the room it appeared he was in some type of apartment, and letting his eyes scan his surroundings, he froze.

Because there he stood. The man they had been looking for. The elusive ghost. The vigilante. Deku.

He was standing over an oven, and it seemed like he was cooking something, so Robin remained hidden behind the door, observing what the vigilante was doing. Until he spoke, "Watashi wa anata ga soko ni iru no o shitte imasu, robin. Koko de, tabete kudasai. Tō o torimodosu ni wa,-ryoku ga hitsuyōdesu. (I know your there, Robin. here, eat, you'll need your strength if your going to reclaim your tower.)" his voice was deep and rough, resembling that of an animal growling. Then the vigilante soon realized he had spoken in his native tongue; a language of which Robin did not know. And upon seeing his guests look of confusion of the language, and hesitation towards the food, he began again this time with broken English, "Right, how could I have forgot? You do not speak my language, yes?" His voice, still a rough low growl, had lightened a bit.

"Yeah, don't exactly speak that one." Robin said with slight unease.

This cause the vigilante to chuckle at the response, "Ah! That would explain the difficulty between me and a number of the people who live here! My dearest sorries!" He states while bowing, "Oh and could you please put away the weapon? After all it is a bit rude to hold a weapon to your host when he presents a meal." Deku states while chuckling lightly.

"How did you know?" Robin questions while putting away the birderang, only to receive a subtle wink in response.

After taking a seat, and picking up the food, he began to eat, and it was delicious, but that's besides the point.

Time went by as they sat in silence, not talking. Until Robin decided  to break the ice and ask, "Why did you help me? You know we're looking for you. Right?"

This earned a chuckle from the vigilante, "Yes I am aware hero, but I do not care, nor does it matter. I saw someone in need of aid and I provided help." he sates with his broke English.

"Is that why you do this? Because you want to help?" Robin asked, doing his best to try and catch as many details about his voice and mannerisms as possible.

"Precisely! Besides, one can't help what calls to them, or what they long for. Ikiru ishi to ikiru riyū wa, watashi no yūjin no hijō ni kotonaru dōkidesu. (A will to live and a reason to live, are very different motivators my friend.)" deku responds, still trying to hold onto the cover story of a vigilante who doesn't fluently speak English.

"I guess that's fair enough. But why are you helping me, I'm the enemy. You shouldn't care about what happens to me or my team. So what drives you? Why do keep putting yourself at risk for people who only see you as a bad guy?" Robin asks, trying to understand more about this guy.