ɪɪ. ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀsᴛ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ

SAGE entered the Independence Inn. Hanging her blue tie coat on the coat rack, she greeted Lorelai and Michel upfront.
"Hey, Lorelai, Michel." she beamed placidly.
"Hey Sage." Lorelai grinned, peeling her eyes away from the files she was sorting through.
"Goodbye." Michel elegantly strolled off down the hall. A loud clang was heard from the kitchen. Her and Lorelai winced.
"Uh, Sage, sweetie, just go and see what's going on in there." she ordered.
"On it."
Sage swung open the door to the kitchen.
"Hey Sook." she took a freshly baked cinnamon roll from the side.
"Oh hey Sage." the top of Sookie's red haired head peeked up from the ground over the oven.
"What happened?" Sage took a bite of the sugary cinnamon roll.
"Oh, I just dropped a few things on the floor." she dusted off her hands as she stood up and kissed her cheek.
"But you're okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine honey."
"Good, I'll go and clean then." Sage stated.
"Take a bag of the rolls." Sookie rushed round the side and put four cinnamon rolls in a ziplock bag.
"Thankyou."
Sage continued her shift at the inn until the clock reached 6:00.
"Bye Lora, 7:00 at Luke's?"
"Of course." Lorelai waved bye and Sage walked out the door.

"So here's here?" Lorelai questioned the owner of the diner.
"He's here." Luke inhaled deeply, cleaning up the coffee Lorelai had made him spill when she had emerged through the door.
"Well where is he? I wanna meet him." Lorelai's face resembled one of a eager puppy.
"Oh, he's out." Luke announced casually.
"Out where?"
"I don't know." Lorelai and Sage shared a worried look.
"You didn't ask him where the hell he was going?" Sage asserted, gulping down her coffee.
"No." Luke brushed this off like a fly on your shoulder.
"Why not?"
"Because he's not two." Luke exclaimed, walking away.
"Yeah, but Luke, he's new in town. He doesn't know his way around yet." Lorelai protested. Luke's angered gaze rested on Sage and she slumped into her chair, trying to hide.
"Did I not tell you to find Jess, and give him a tour?" Luke barked. Sage sunk even further down the plastic chair.
"Have you even talked to Jess?" Sage found herself underneath the table trying to escape Luke's queries.
The bell on top of the door rang as a tall boy entered. He had dark, sepia hair that was styled with gel and chocolate, bright eyes. He glanced up, causing his eyebrows to raise.
"Speak of the devil." Luke hissed to Sage who stuck her tongue out at him in response, hitting her head on the top of the table.
"Jess, hey, good. I'd like you to meet some people."
Sage poked her out her head.
"Hey, I'm Sage." Jess bit his bottom lip.
"Is there an air raid going on?" he declared.
"No, I just..doesn't matter." Sage rested her head on Lorelai's knee.
"Hey. Hi, I'm Lorelai. I just wanted to meet you before Luke had a chance to fill your head with all kinds of little lies about me." Lorelai held out her hand for Jess to shake but he ignored it.
"You know, you should meet my daughter. She's about yours and Sage's age. She can show you where all the good wilding goes on. . . .Okay, well, it's nice to meet you. I hope you like it here. . . . . So, class dismissed." Lorelai suggested and Sage finally found her way back up to her chair.
"Oh yeah! You'd like Rory!"
"Mhm." Jess breathed before sprinting up the stairs.
"That's Jess?" Lorelai pointed her finger to the stairs.
"That's Jess." Luke refilled the coffee cups.
"He's chatty." Sage joked, "Anyways, I gotta go now, see you guys tomorrow."
"Promise to do that tour?" Luke grumbled, narrowing his eyes.
"I...promise." Sage aversely huffed before making her way home. On her way back, she bumped into her close friend Rory, Lorelai's daughter.
"Rory! Hey!" she exclaimed, pulling her friend in for a hug.
"Hey Sage." the quiet girl spoke.
"Have you heard about the new guy?"
"No, who is he?" Rory questioned.
"Jess, Luke's nephew. He can barely speak a full sentence." Sage proceeded. Rory giggled slightly.
"I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"
"Bye."