ɪɪɪ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀɪᴍᴇ sᴄᴇɴᴇ

JESS came down the stairs and was ready to go out, like he did everyday, when his uncle called him back. There she sat. The girl he had met yesterday, the one under the table. She grinned at him broadly.
"Jess, you remember Sage, from yesterday?" Luke inquired.
"Yep." Jess attempted to walk out again.
"Wait," Luke grasped the boys arm and made him sit next to her at the counter.
"Sage is going to give you the tour of the town."
"I don't need a tour." Jess decided, stealing a fry of the brunette girl's plate.
"Hey!" Sage turned to Jess with narrowed eyes.
"What, I stole one fry."
"Exactly. Sage doesn't share food." she grunted. Luke shook his head.
"No. Sage, you will take Jess on the tour. Jess, you will go with her." Brown eyes met green as Sage and Jess locked eyes.
"Fine." they said in unison.
"Great." Luke's lips formed a half smile as he looked at the unpleased teenagers, "It's still light. I suggest you go now." Sage huffed and dragged Jess' arm along. As soon as they were round the corner from the diner, Jess began to stroll away.
"Where are you going?" Sage but the inside of her cheek before running after the stubborn boy.
"To get cigarettes. You really think I would go on that tour with you?" Jess scoffed and moved away from the girl.
"Don't you need to know where the store is?" Sage called after him, causing him to turn around.
"Fine."

"Doose's Market." Sage raised her hand to the sign on the top of the building. Jess nodded.
"Okay." And he treaded into shop. Sage twiddled her thumbs whilst waiting. When Jess came out, he almost looked surprised to see the girl.
"You're still here?"
"Yeah, I'm meant to give you the tour." Sage exhaled deeply.
"I already told you. I don't need a tour. I'll figure it out." Jess assured Sage, trying to cross the road when a car horn blared loudly, the sound still ringing in the two's ears once it had gone.
"There's a crossing." Sage muttered in a sing-song voice, like it was obvious.
"Whatever." Jess bellowed, looking slightly embarrassed.

SAGE shoved through the crowd of people that stood staring at the 'crime scene' that had took place that day.
"This is outrageous!" Taylor elaborated to the police officer who tried to explain she had no idea what had happened. It was an outline in white chalk of a body guarded by police tape. Sage glanced around and there, standing by the autumn glazed tree stood no one other than Jess Mariano. He smirked at her before she mouthed, 'You did this?' He shrugged implausibly. She turned away to gaze at the accident once more.

What the hell was Jess doing to this town.

THE Stars Hollow beauty supply had to be one of Sage's favourite stores in the tucked away town. As she walked in late on that Saturday night, she licked up one tube of new lipgloss, which was tinted with a cherry shade, and some navy nail polish. She made her way to the till and the woman there smiled at her.
"Will that be all?"
"Yes thankyou."
She strolled out the shop and she stopped suddenly when she saw him. Jess sauntered up to her slowly.
"Should you be standing here all alone? I hear this is a pretty dangerous corner." he acknowledged, trying to follow the annoyed girl back to her home.
"Shut up Jess, I'm fine."
"Feeling succinct today?" he asked, jogging slightly to keep up with the speedy girl.
"Pretty much."
"Hmm. Did I do something to offend?" Jess grabbed her shoulder and she turned with his grasp.
"Me? Yeah."
"Aw, I'm sorry Sagey, what did I do?" Jess stuck out his bottom lip.
"One, never call me Sagey, and two, you basically walked off when I tried to give you the tour."
"Well, I'm sorry, for real." Jess assured, then almost giggled.
"I don't care. Your uncle's the one you should be sorry for." Sage hit his side with her paper bag from Beauty Supply.
"What do you mean?" Jess' look became more serious as he stopped Sage.
"I heard from Lorelai, you've got this whole town on him." Jess breathed before staring in Sage's eyes.
"How did I do that?"
"You know how you did that." Sage rolled her eyes and brushed off the thought that Jess might have just shown a little sympathy.

" Sage rolled her eyes and brushed off the thought that Jess might have just shown a little sympathy