xxᴠɪɪ. ɢʀᴀᴅᴜᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

SOMETHING about slipping on the red graduation gown felt unusual for Sage. Almost as if it wasn't right. No, something didn't feel right at all. Sage knew everything was fine. Her finals had gone well, the letters from the different universities were arriving today and Sage was almost certain she would've gotten in to at least one, her personal preference obviously being Yale.

She never would've thought that Yale and the ceremony taking place today would take up a small section in her mind. The other 75% was filled with thoughts of a leather jacket - wearing brunette boy, who had yet again left, leaving Sage to observe her melancholy look carefully.
"Sage!" her mother shrieked excitedly from the kitchen.
"What?" Sage stumbled into where her mother was situated, running her fingers through her hair to check for hidden knots. As soon as she saw her mother's thrilled expression, and the three letters laid on the table.
"Oh my god!" Sage bounded over to Leanne and opened the drawer, selecting a knife from one of the sections. She picked up the first letter.
"Harvard." she read, breathing in.
"Now, honey, if you don't get in, it's fine-"
Leanne stopped speaking as she viewed Sage's smile.
"I got in." Sage whispered.
"You got into Harvard?" Sage heard her mother's tone escalate higher.
"I got into Harvard!" Sage jumped up, screaming as her mother joined her, engulfing her in midair. Sage let go of the breath that she had been holding.
"Okay, next one." she said, struggling to contain her exhilaration.
"Princeton." Leanne scanned her eyes across the writing on the envelope, before Sage snatched it from her view, slicing the top.
"Oh." Sage ran her tongue over her top teeth, the skin bulging as she did so. "It's okay, it's fine-"
"Ew." Leanne scrunched up her nose, "I hate Princeton. Why wouldn't they accept you? Stupid, stuck up little Princetonian bitches."
"They probably recall your reputation," Sage chuckled, watching Leanne cross her arms. "It's fine! You're only annoyed because your Princeton days were the worst time of your life." Leanne nodded.
"You still have one more letter." Sage tried to stop her shaking hands as she reached for the last letter. It felt like silk and it was sealed with a navy stamp that read 'Yale'. Sage smiled very hard.
"I'm really nervous.."
"Hon, it's fine. You belong in Yale." Sage focused her gaze on the knife, hovering over the letter, hoping her mother was right.
"Okay. Let's do it." Sage divided the envelope, and pulled out the letter. She cautiously unfolded it and read this one out loud.
"Dear Miss Robertson, we are pleased to.." Sage cut herself off by screaming and hugging her mother tightly, bouncing up and down in happiness.
"You got into Yale?" Leanne screamed.
"I got into Yale!" Sage responded, her face glowing.
"So, is it Harvard or Yale?" Leanne asked Sage, like it was a serious question."
"Umm, Yale!" Sage laughed.
"Aw, I'm so proud of my little girl!" Leanne exclaimed, burying her daughters head into her shoulder.

SAGE ran out of the graduation hall with a group of girls and turned back to the school, pulling out her middle finger.
"Screw you, Stars Hollow High!" Sage laughed and perched on the wall. She swiftly turned her head to look at her surroundings. Her eyes could only see red, until a hint of shining black that glistened in the sunlight caught her eye. She turned back around to examine the something or someone, and then, they turned. They locked eyes and Sage grinned. She ran up to him and he raced her, before they met in the middle of the path.
"You didn't leave?" Sage panted.
"How could I leave without you?" he responded, securing the space between them. They didn't care if all eyes were on them, they only cared that this love was true and it was forever.
"I got int Yale." Sage said, when their lips broke apart.
"That's great," Jess replied, although a silence descended upon them.
"I wanna come to New York with you." Sage admitted and Jess smiled appreciatively.
"You do?"
"Hell yes!" she kissed him again and they knew that they would finally be happy, together, forever and always.

And this is where our story ends, with our two teenagers from the small town of Stars Hollow, finally realising that although still annoying, spending time with eachother isn't that bad and maybe it's for the best, because sometimes it leads you to love.

the end