chapter 12

-It was about the media Lex, he said. They have a picture of us.

-What do you mean they have a picture? How? I shouted at him with panic in my voice.

-Alexandra I don't know how they got it but they have it, he said also panicking.

What were we going to do? I didn't even know what me and Charles were and now media? It was all just a bit to much right now. I've never dealt with anything like this before.

30 minutes earlier - Charles' POV:

I woke up to my arms wrapped around Alex's frame and the sound of my phone ringing. I turned around to see who was calling. Why was someone from Ferrari calling me this early?

I got out of bed and closed the door after me when I left the room.

-Ermh hi, I answered the phone.

-Charles we might have a problem, the head of media at Ferrari said. I don't want to be involved in your personal business, but the media have gotten their hands of a photo of you and a girl in Monaco.

-What? I almost screamed out of chock. No, no, no that can't be true.

I got the photo and the article sent to me. It was indeed a photo of me and Alex. How come media always have to ruin everything?

-Well how do we fix this? I asked.

I was still angry and sad about the photo, but I needed a plan on how to approach this.

Present time - Alex's POV:

-But Charles, I started. Is it really a good idea for me to go with you to Bahrain if they are already questioning you?

I actually really wanted to go, but now everything just felt wrong. I didn't want to make his life harder by going. Maybe it would be better going home?

-I know, he said. But we could still make it work Alex. And I have a plan for all the media stuff. You don't need to worry.

-Charles I know, but I don't know maybe I should just fly home? I said with a sad voice.

We both looked at eachother with sad looks. We had spent the best days of our lives together and now there were rumors about us in the media. This wasn't good for Charles, I knew it. He wouldn't have had that tone during that phone call if it wasn't this bad.

That day we spent inside of his apartment. I had found a flight departing at 10pm later tonight, but until then we would make the best out of our time together. Neither of us felt like going out so we decided to snuggle up on the sofa and watch some movies. It was really cozy and I loved the feeling of his arms around me. If I could I would leave Charles now, but I have to.

For lunch we ordered in food and sat on the couch eating. We ate our food continuing watch the TV. It was nice to have a lazy day. After we finished the lunch I remembered that I needed to pack. Charles came with me to help. We packed my bags for a while until we were done.

It wasn't really time for me to leave yet so we just sat down in the living room and chatted.

-You know I will miss you, he said with a sad voice.

-I'll miss you to Charles, I replied. But I have to go back to school too. Maybe it's for the better?

-Couldn't you take online classes if you wanted? Charles asked.

I said that I didn't know, but if I could it would make it easier visiting him. It was now time to leave. It was weird. Thia wasn't our plan.

-Charl I loved spending this time with you, I whispered as we hugged. Please take care of yourself.

-Hey, he said grabbing my chin and making eyecontact. This won't be the last time we see eachother. I loved being with you and you know I will take care of me. Do you want me to drive you to the airport?

-Charles I would love to, I started. But I don't think it's a good idea. What if somebody spots us? We can't risk another photo leaking.

We just stood there for a couple of minutes hugging and enjoying the last moments with the other. Then I realized that my taxi was here and that it was time to go.

-Bye Charles, I whispered and waved as I walked out of his apartment.

What was next for us? Could he shake off the media? And could I shake off the fact that people are this intressted in his personal life? I don't know.

———