5

Bradley drove to her apartment, only to find someone standing by her doorstep. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Your mom gave me your address. Can I come in?" Jacob asked.

"No." Bradley crossed her arms over her chest, her keys in hand. "I'm not interested, if you didn't get the message."

Jacob smiled crookedly. "I'm sure I figured that out the moment you met me."

"Then why are you here?"

"Because our mothers are persistent, as you well know."

"I just told mine to fuck off. So that's your problem not mine." Bradley tried to walk past him to get to her door.

"Wait." He grabbed her arm.

She looked irritatedly at him. "What's your problem?"

"Just hear me out. I'm not the enemy."

Bradley looked at his hand and he released her arm. Stepping back, he held his hands up in surrender.

"What is it?"

"Do you want to pretend dating? You know, fake it."

Bradley narrowed her eyes at him. "I don't care what my parents think. Go find some gullible, insecure girl to date you."

"My mom never approves of anyone. And she liked you, for some reason I will never understand."

"Must be the dollar signs," Bradley said. "I'm not interested."

"We have just as much money as—"

"Sure you do. Look, you seem like a okay guy. But I'm not going to pretend to be straight anymore."

"Oh, wow." He stared at her. "So that's why you hit it off with my sister. I had a feeling that she likes you."

"She likes me?" Bradley's cheeks flushed. "I'm not interested in young girls either."

"Always defensive. You're—"

"Stubborn? Yeah, I know that." Bradley opened her door and took a step in. Looking back at Jacob, she said, "I hope you figure out what to do. Please don't come to my home again?"

Jacob slowly nodded. "Yeah, sure."