11

Bradley tossed and turned all night, wondering if Taylor was asleep or was as restless as her. Looking at her alarm clock on the nightstand, she noticed that it was three in the morning. "Work's gonna be a blast," she mumbled and placed a pillow over her face to drown the sounds of her groaning.

Jumping out of bed, she got dressed in a pair of leggings, sneakers and an oversized hoodie to go for a run. She looked at the closed, guest bedroom door as she passed by, knowing Taylor must have been asleep.

Running around the block had Bradley in a space of thoughtlessness. She concentrated on the streets, on the thumping of her heart and the strangers who looked at her from a distance. When she got back to the house, she gripped the railing of the stairs, as she panted for breath.

"Isn't it a little too early for a run?"

Still panting for breath, Bradley looked up the stairs and saw Taylor standing there wearing the pajamas that she lent her. "It might be. But I couldn't sleep." Bradley slowly walked up the stairs.

"You have a peloton right there." Taylor pointed to the machine.

Bradley grinned and walked over to it. "It's not the same. And I didn't want to wake you."

"I can't sleep either." Taylor sighed and leaned against the wall next to the stairs. "Were you scared of me sneaking into your bedroom?"

Bradley laughed nervously. "I'm always up for spooning."

"I wouldn't sneak in to spoon." Taylor winked and walked towards the guest bedroom. Bradley exhaled a heavy breath, feeling her insides swirling. "You mind if I stay here for a few more nights?"

"Yeah. Sure. It's nice having the company."

"If you're uncomfortable, I can always—"

"No, of course not. As long as you don't try to do anything to me while I'm sleeping, we'll be fine."

Taylor smiled. "You'd be turned on to wake up to be touching you, wouldn't you?" Her voice was low and sexy.

Bradley pressed her lips together, not knowing what to say. "I—I should take a shower." She walked into her room and closed the door behind her. Their flirting was escalating and Bradley knew that soon the teasing would turn into something real. And she wasn't sure if she was ready for it.