t w e n t y - s i x ↣ flight risk

┌───────────────────┐

└───────────────────┘

M E G A N

A few days ago—when Carl finally convinced Denise to let him take me home from the infirmary—was when he first took notice of all the people missing from the group. It was then that I had to tell him everything that happened. Both to the prison and a few of our loved ones.

His lack of reaction made it hard to guess what exactly he was feeling. My best bet was that he was consumed with the same guilt he's been carrying around since we were out on the road.

The worst part of it all—for the sake of his ongoing guilt—was finding out that the group still wasn't aware of how we made it to Alexandria and how Glenn had given us an ultimatum. We have no choice but to come clean about the prison, and soon.

Aside from dealing with a grieving, guilty Carl, I also have another mourning teenage boy to keep my eye on: Ron.

His normal, happy-go-lucky mood is nowhere to be seen, and I've been deeply missing it. The boy I'd grown to love like a brother disintegrated the moment Rick pulled that trigger.

His impulsive, self-destructive behavior made itself known soon after he started to come visit me while I carry out my bedrest. He always makes an effort to wait until Carl is out of the house to come and see me. As if Rick's son would be bound to do the same to him, copying the actions of his father.

It was becoming easier for Ron to avoid Carl. Because the moment Deanna realized he was back inside the walls, she finally gave Carl his assignment.

He was going to start weapon training with the inexperienced Alexandrians. Which was exactly why he wasn't going to be home all day, giving Ron the perfect opportunity to come and visit me.

Except this time, when Carl headed out for his shift, Ron never came.

I was confused at first—maybe a little hurt and lonely—until, surprisingly, Enid showed up in his place.

The girl has been impossible to track down from the post of my painful bedrest. Every time I'd asked, both Carl and Ron told me that they hadn't seen her anywhere. She obviously didn't want to be found, and I didn't blame her after everything that went down a few days ago.

There were very few things I knew about Enid. I've learned that the complex girl acts on reason. And boy, did she trudge up the stairs and into my room with good reason.