Chapter 12

Diplomat Kyomi sits exhausted in her officers' room. The whole time she wonders how this catastrophic event with Mikasa Ackermann in the refugee camp could happen. The charges are grave, and depending on the cause of the incident, it will be difficult to convince Marley to release Mikasa.

She clasps her hands in thought and is lost in memories when the Eldier of Paradise first visited Marley and her clan offered them all her hospitality. She must remember a small intended Feaupax, which almost led to Mikasa Ackermann angrily wanting to pitch a tent outside in her garden.

A mistake had been made in the room layout in which she had a hand in it. She had given her servants an extra order to put Captain Levi and Mikasa Ackermann in a room, which turned out to be a mistake. Captain Levi remained stoic in the way diplomat Kiyomi expected, but not the outburst of Mikasa. "I'm definitely not sharing a room with this shorty !", Kiyomi still hears her screaming angrily with bright red cheeks. The 14th Commander and Armin Arlert tried to mediate and after the room layout was changed, she calmed down again.

How quickly things can change, according to Onyankopon. Captain Levi and Mikasa Ackermann understand each other better now and apparently a bond has finally grown between them, which was not there before when they both met 3 years ago on Paradise. At that time she could tell that Levi was always watching her from a distance, almost pining for her on and also reacted jealously when Eren got her full attention. The problem had been Eren Jaeger. Mikasa was too much in love with him, but was repeatedly rejected by him and had to watch how he got along better and better with Queen Historia.

Diplomat Kiyomi felt very sorry for both of them. She even overheard a conversation between Hanji and Mikasa, where they explained to her that Levi is the most emotional of them and that there is a sensitive core under his hard shell. She believed Hange was trying to allude to the situation in the lounge, but Mikasa hadn't responded at the time and had dismissed it harshly.

How quickly things can change. Isn't it, Mikasa? Diplomat Kiyomi smiles at the fact that they both understand each other a little better and therefore wants to get both of them safely out of Marley. She keeps thinking about the next hearing and tries to help her somehow, which makes her desperate. Mikasa is too stubborn to cooperate, but without it, Marley will impose the death penalty and even as a now stronger nation, Hizuru can no longer do anything. In addition, it will be difficult to keep Levi Ackermann calm when he finds out about it. He may be badly injured, but he's still an Ackermann and a potential danger to anyone around him.

There is a knock on her door. Exhausted, she says: "Come in!"

Gabi and Falco ...
Both Marley children are standing in the entrance. Maybe all is not lost after all. Her eyes light up: “Gabi and Falco, nice to see you. How are you two? Sit down please! “She recognizes that both of them are not doing well. Falco seems concerned about Gabi. And Gabi ...

It breaks her heart to see the otherwise bright girl like that. Gabi sews on her skirt Kiyomi notices that she is a little depressed and also has a bad suspicion in this regard. She knows she has to be sensitive about it. "Do you two want to say something?", Falco holds Gabi's hand. KIyomi has the impression that they will both make a beautiful couple later, even though they are both still so young.

Gabi hesitates, doesn't know how to begin. KIyomi looks at both children with understanding and feels that Falco shouldn't be present during this conversation. “Falco , don't you want to have some tea in our salon. My servant will take you there and bring you everything you want. ”Both children look at each other and Gabi nods at him and squeezes his hand again to confirm that it is okay for her . “Don't worry about her, Falco. She is safe here, ”she makes clear to him carefully. Falco walks slowly out of the office and closes the door behind him.