Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 39

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ
Pᴏɢᴜᴇ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇss

----------------
Fɪʀsᴛ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ-ᴇʟʟɪᴏᴛᴛ

I sighed, looking out the window of the car once once more. It was night so I don't know what I was expecting. All us pogues had let John B run, I don't know why in this moment we let pope drive, but it was happening.

Of course I had to be stuck in the back seat with my brother, at least it wasn't the passenger seat.

"pope you clocked that car man" JJ laughed, I just kept looking out the window, I'll admit it right now. I missed rafe, but I'm still pissed about the bet. But I missed him

Thinking of him brought a small smile to face, which was quickly gone as pope drifted around a corner, Kiara yelling at him to pull over.

"JJ, it's not funny, he shouldn't be driving" Kiara said sternly, i just looked at my brother, who was already facing me.

"mamas mad" he whispered when she was out, a smile came to my face as pope climbed over the console.

"what are you—" kiara said before getting in.

"where are we goin?" JJ asked, handing me the blunt

"the last place their gonna look" She said and turned around the car.

"and where's that?" JJ asked again, i smacked him. "stop asking questions and be quiet" i said

"sorry mom" he rolled his eyes, i shoved the blunt into his hands, he brought it to his mouth quietly. Thank god.

I thought about rafe as we drove, he's all that's been on my mind. If i saw him again i'd have no clue what i'd do. Is it bad that the one person who's caused you pain is the one you want the most? does that make sense? no clue i'm high right now.

"perfectly focused" pope said as kiara got out of the car, all of us following

"you sure this is a good idea?" JJ asked

"she's the only one who can clear john b" kiara told us, as we started hopping the fence

"last place they'll look because of how stupid it is"

"are we at the cameron's house?" i asked, standing in the front yard as i looked at the house. He could be inside, my rafe could be inside. MY?? oh god i'm high.

pope struggled to get over, it ended up with him falling to the ground after JJ pushed him over it. Great going Jay.

"okay, i've got a plan" kiara states as we start walking.

"lets do the plan thing. lets get it, let's plan it out" pope rambled.

"can you handle a plan right now?" i heard kiara say, i was just focused on the lit up house.  This is the closest i've been to him since that day.

"you ok eli?" JJ asked, throwing an arm around my shoulders, i looked at him and nodded, starting to walk to where the other 2 were fighting.

"sh!" kiara said, covering popes mouth as he started rapping. Can we please get pope high again? this is the funniest shit i've heard all summer.

"kie, let me—" i heard him say through her hand.

"look, this is a quiet plan." Me and Jay just watched, awkwardly. Yep, just standing here, while they talked.

"can i move my hand?" pope nodded

"this is so awkward" JJ whispered, "very"

""i love you kie" and that's when me and Jay walked back to the car, over the fence, again. It was just, to much.

"now i thought john b and sarah were cringy but now that i've seen that shit, i clearly thought wrong." i said, sinking deeper into the seat of the car.

"so eli, what have you been up to, it's been a while since we've had these brother sister talks you know?" JJ asked, talking a hit of the blunt.

I don't know why but i awkwardly laughed. How am i supposed to tell him i kinda had a thing with the one of the biggest assholes in the world? Ya i don't know either

He just raised an eyebrow, staring right at me.

"you know, just the normal" i said, suddenly uncomfortable

"the normal mhm?" i nodded

"so sneaking around with rafe cameron is normal now?" my heart stopped

"i see" he said, looking out the window

"Jay I was gonna tell you" i said

"i'm not mad, nope" he shook his head, "just wished your told me sooner" he shrugged

so he wasn't mad- is that a lie?

"it's funny how now both my best friends are macking the cameron's" he stiffed out a laugh

i just stared straight ahead, "tell me about rafe, did he hurt you?" JJ asked. I don't like high JJ today.

i hesitated, "no " i lied, i didn't need a high JJ to go and hurt rafe. That wouldn't be pretty.

Police sped past us, i just watched as the lights blurred past.

"do you like john b's ok?" i said

"he's a pogue, he's ok" JJ assured me.

"i'll take your word for it." A pickup truck sped past us too. Rafe.

"hey there goes your little boyfriend" JJ joked. i didn't watch the car or flinch. i just sat there.

"finally yall came back" JJ said as the other 2 jumped into the car.

"no talking, we're going to the wreck for the night every night. No arguing, no buts, we will get john b back" Kiara said, i wanted john b back yes, but i wanted a certain blonde more.

———————————

Aᴜᴛʜᴏʀs ɴᴏᴛᴇ
ok i need your honest opinion, do y'all want me to make a tiktok for this account, like i can post edits and stuff on there? ive made some edits but haven't psoted them. yall let me know! and i promise this next chapter won't take as long to be published as some.