PROLOGUE

Lilith Delphine was an extraordinary young witch with incredible powers. To many, she was the stereotypical embodiment of Hufflepuff; kind, generous and most importantly - loyal.

Despite her caring nature, Lilith didn't have many friends at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. In fact, the brilliant young witch was often left to the company of herself - at least she was until she met Newt Scamander.

Newt, or Newton as she preferred to call him, was a funny boy. The youngest Scamander took much more to the company of animals than he did humans, however, Lilith was quick to join him in his fascination of magical creatures much to the dismay of the older Scamander brother. Even though the two brothers had yet to properly get along they both found comfort in the petite blonde Hufflepuff. Throughout their time at Hogwarts she became important to them both - the supportive friend Newton needed when he was trying to pursue his crush on Leta Lestrange and the comforting presence that would stop Theseus from studying himself into an early grave once exam term started.

After Theseus left and Newton was expelled there was nothing left at Hogwarts for the young Delphine. So, much to the horror of her parents and family, she decided to follow Newt on his journey to compose a guide on magical creatures.

And that, dear reader is how Lilith Delphine ended up in this incorrigible mess.