TALES OF THE OLD RELIGION

CONTEXT BY UTHER MUDDWUMP

The Tales of the Old Religion are a set of old Wizarding Folklore often containing rhyming, lyrical text. For those unfamiliar to the relevance of the 'Old Tales' they are perceived as a Wizarding 'Bible'. One of the most famous tales recognised from this text is O'Delphine whom was said to be Death's adoptive daughter. The beliefs are the the famed House Delphine is the descendants of the child Death stumbled upon. Many Wizarding superstitions also came about because of this tale - such as the need to blow upon a dandelion when next to a river to symbolise Life kissing the brow allowing the child to depart with gifts or, in particularly old Pure-blooded families allowing a minute of silence on 1st October to show respect for the child Delphine - the only one to tame Death.

O'Delphine

Once upon a winding water, was the day Death took a daughter.

Left by the riverside orphan bound without a noise, peep or sound.

Death forever a fearsome creature stumbled upon this delightful feature.

"Who has left you here, O'small child? Whoever has must be defiled."

Death took upon this small child:

O'Delphine

O'Delphine

My angel forever bound.

Enemies lay waiting, stalking, hating

to repay death for his torment they would take his daughter, his fulfilment.

Scared for his daughter and her mortal life

death prayed to his oposing wife.

O'Life

O'life

I beg you a gift.

To protect this child and her eventual kin.

Life looked upon the beautiful child.

And said

"You, my dear shall not be easily riled"

Upon her brow both placed a kiss that would transform into a gift.

"You, small child, bear the gift of fire. To burn those who offend you upon a pyre"

Do not fear for your kin.

As, small child, they will have a gift.

Unique and Perfect

Completely for them.