𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

( 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝖽𝖺𝗒 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝖿𝖾𝗌𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌 )

"NEW YEAR NEW US Mary, you ready?" Lina asked as she walked along side Mary.

"Nope, I wanna go back home" Mary joked and the two laughed.

"Look out!" The two heard Ricky Bowen yell at the two as him and Big Red skated past them. Mary rolled her eyes at the two boys and Lina scoffed.

"Idiots" Mary mumbled but she couldn't help but stare at the curly haired boy with a sort of admiration. Lina noticed this gaze and raised an eyebrow at her.

"Holy shit" Lina gasped out and Mary looked over at her in shock. "You and Ricky Bowen hooked up over the summer huh" Lina accused and Mary shook her head lightly and rolled her eyes.

"No, never" Mary said as she hiked up her backpack on her shoulder. Mary walked off as Lina stayed back in shock.

"You so did" Lina said as she did a small run to catch up with Mary. "Tell me, was he good?"

"We didn't hook up" Mary brushed off as they walked into the school.

"Oh my god, so he was" Lina said in shock as she couldn't believe a skater boy like Richard Bowen was a good hook up.

Mary chuckled as they arrived to their lockers. "Still don't know what you're talking about"

"You're so lucky Nini has a new boyfriend" Lina said as she leaned against her locker while Mary opened hers.

"Ricky and I didn't hook up, we just got close because of our break ups—or my break up and his break with Nini" Mary clarified and Lina's face fell as she felt bad for her best friend's break up.

"How is that going anyways?" Lina asked and Mary paused for a second.

Mary never really wanted to think about it, actually she never really did think about the break up. Ricky was a good distraction from the pain and thoughts and seeing Atlas's feed on instagram.

Mary slammed her locker harder than she wanted and closed her eyes. She took a deep breath before turning to look at Lina. "I'm fine, he looks happier and I'm getting through it. Ricky helped"

"Did he help or was he a good distraction?" Lina asked the girl who was still hurt by the break up.

"Both"

The two friends made their way to the gym for the first day of school assembly. Marry kept stealing small glances at Atlas as she heard the principal go on and on. All she could do was stare at him. The boy who stole her heart and still hasn't given it back.

"You do know the more you stare at him the more you're gonna miss him" Lina said to the girl, keeping quiet to not disturb anyone.

"Knowing I walk in the same school as him make me miss him" Marry said as she lifted her head up from the palm of her hand.

"Well, on the other hand—"

"Go Wildcats!" The two shot up as they heard a t-shirt cannon go off.

"What the fuck" Marry mumbled out as she saw the women grab the microphone and began talking.