𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

( 𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗆𝗂𝗇𝖾, 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 )

"SO YOU ENDED THINGS WITH RICKY?" Lina asked as her and Mary were walking down the halls of East High. Mary nodded to her question. "So what now?"

Mary sighed as she put on a brave face, trying to hide away the disappointment she was feeling. "Now we worry about opening night" Mary told Lina who furrowed her brows.

"That's today?" Lina asked as they stoped at her locker. Lina was opening her locker as Mary cocked her head to the side.

"I put it on your calendar" Mary reminded her as she pointed to the circle around the date on Lina's calendar in her locker.

Lina made a small surprised face. "So that's what that was" Lina mumbled to herself as she was focused on the small circle around todays date.

"What did you think it was?" Mary asked the girl who was too smart for her own good only to lack a bit in common sense.

It didn't shock her how Lina was ranked number one in their graduating class, Lina was always book smart. What surprised her was how despite how smart Lina was, how dense she could be at times. Lina was book smart naturally and worked hard at the whole common sense thing, Mary had a bit more common sense than Lina naturally and worked hard at the whole book smart thing.

They complimented one another. It's what made them work.

Lina shrugged her shoulders as she grabbed a few books she needed for class. "I assumed it was a small happy note"

"Why would a circle be a happy note?" Mary asked with furrowed brows and Lina looked at her as if she was offended.

"You know I love circles"

Mary laughed at Lina's word as she was about to say something, their attention was brought to the varsity jacket boy walking towards them. "Mary!"

"I'll be on my way then" Lina said as she turned back around to Mary. Not sparing another word or look, Lina was already walking away.

Mary smiled at Atlas as he was standing in front of her with the biggest smile. "Hey, Atlas"

"Hey" He said. Atlas was silent and Mary raised an eyebrow at him. "Just Uh, wanted to say good luck" He said. Good luck?

"For what exactly?" Mary asked as she held onto her books a bit tighter. Atlas quickly pulled out his phone and opened the colander app, making sure he had the right day.

"It's opening night right?" Atlas said as he noticed how his reminder was right there.

Mary was caught off guard. Atlas never remembered stuff let alone put them down on a calendar. Usually it was Mary reminded him about small dates. "You remembered?" She asked and Atlas looked up from his phone.

"Course I did" He said. It felt more than friendly and Mary picked up on the tone. Mary's heart skipped a beat and for a split second, she felt like she was that infatuated 6th grader again. Fawning over Atlas Kwon. "That's what friends are for, right?" Atlas asked quickly as she shoved his phone back in his pocket.

"Right, friends" Mary snapped out of her split second haze and remembered, they were just friends. "So, you coming to the show?" Mary asked and Atlas gave her that satisfied smile, the one he always gave her when she got something right.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world" He replied and Mary furrowed her brows. Even if it was mere encouraging words or small statements any friend would say, his tone changed it so much.