HELL YEAH! I WON

The game has already started and we were at a stalemate. Sona looked thoroughly impressed. So she is also just testing the waters. Two can play that game. She moved her rook and I in retaliation moved my bishop. The game kept going with us being stuck at a point. We also missed most of our classes. I had reminded her about this but she said that I needed a break and I was excused of my classes. Also her peerage members came in and when anyone of them tried to misbehave with me, Sona would shut them up and show them my apology letters. Tsubaki and Momo were the most chilled out. They didn't bother me. Infact, they looked impressed that I could keep up with their Kaichou. Now the game is still going and the school has already ended. I was about to make a move when...

*Ring*Ring*

My phone rang. I looked at Sona and she nodded. I picked the call as it was my mother. The first thing I hear terrifies me.

Mom: Issei Hyoudou.

My eyes went wide when I heard my mom call my full name. This doesn't happen often but when it does, I know from Issei's memories that I'm screwed. Big mistake. My phone was on speaker. As soon as everyone heard the voice they looked at me as if I'm the most interesting thing in the world. But in Sona and Tsubaki's eyes I could see the words 'Your Screwed'. Guess they also had one of these moments.

Me: H-Hey Mom. Did something happen?

Mom: Did something happen? I wonder. Your school was supposed to be over 2 hours ago and you're still not home. Where are you young man?

Me: I actually am still at the school. I was actually trying to apply for a club. So as a test for the students council, I'm playing a game of chess with their president. It took too long and I was so engrossed in the game that I forgot to inform you. Sorry.

Mom: You could at least inform me. Did you know how worried I was? I was terrified that someone might have kidnapped my son. I-

Me: Mom, I'm okay. I'll come home soon. I was actually about to finish. I'll talk to you when I get home. Its my turn to move a piece.

Mom: Since you aren't doing anything perverted which you haven't done in this whole vacation. Surprisingly. I'll let you off the hook. Its good that you aren't only focused on girls now. You even sold all your collection and earned a large sum from those. I'm so happy you're changing. Bye. And be home before 8.

Me: B-Bye mom.

I was pretty sure I looked like Rias Gremory's hair. The whole student's council was trying to hold in their laughter. Mom just embarrassed me and I think that she knew it was on speaker. Guess my punishment for worrying her is this. I immediately focused on the game and moved my rook and took her bishop.

Sona: Well I wasn't informed that you will be joining the students council.

Me: Sorry about that. I needed an excuse from saving my a- behind. And that was the only one I could come up with at the moment.

Sona: And what if your mother asks about the end results? If you won't, that is.

Me: Well I'll just say that I lost. No matter the results. I don't want to bother you everyday.

Sona was surprised but kept her cool. She moved her king and took out my knight. She took a breath. Relieved that she had broken my formation. Oh yeah I was about to trap her king. Well she just walked into a trap unknowingly.

Sona: What if I allow you to join the students council?

Me: It doesn't seem like I'd be welcome here. Not just because of my previous attitude but because this just doesn't seem like my cup if tea.

Sona: Why? We aren't worthy of your presence?

Me: Is the ever so stoic and ice queen like student council president trying to make a joke? 'Cause if she is, it sure is funny. But no. This whole council just gives off a very natural vibe. Like the people if the student council treat you like a king. Like the amount of respect just seems uncanny. And seeing that everyone here carries that attitude, I won't be able to live up to that attitude.