Off on an adventure!

«Well, if we can find it. But dwarf doors are invisible, when closed", Gandalf explained with a sigh.

"Why does that not surprise me?", Andy muttered.

"The answer lies hidden somewhere in this map and I do not have the skill to find it. But there are others in Middle earth who can. The task I have in mind will require a great deal of stealth, and no small amount of courage. But, if we are careful and clever, I believe that it can be done. "

"That's why we need a burglar", the cute young dwarf said. Andy laughed dry.

"Hmm and a good one, too. An expert, I'd imagine", she mocked.

"I originally had your cousin in mind", Gandalf admitted.

"As I told you this morning, ol' man, he's not here. So you'll need someone else. "

"And, are you?", Gloin asked. Andy gave him a puzzled look.

"Am I what?"

"She said she's an expert", Gloin shouted and they started cheering.

"Me? No, no I'm not a burglar. Forget it!", Andy said defensive.

"I'm afraid I have to agree with, Miss Baggins. She's hardly burglar material", Balin sighs. Offended, that Balin didn't even try to convince her to join them, Andy puts her hands to her hips.

"Aye, the wild is no place for gentlefolk who can neither fight nor defend themselves. Especially no woman", Gloin added disappointed, slumping down into his seat. Another argument started, debating if Andy was a burglar or not. Gandalf rose to his full height.

"Enough!", he commanded with loud voice, the room turning dark. "If I say Andrea Baggins is a burglar, then a burglar she is!"

"Not if I've got anything to say in this matter!", Andy held against him, her voice also rising in anger.

"Hobbits are remarkably light on their feet. If fact, they can pass unseen by most if they chose. And while the dragon is accustomed with the smell of dwarf, the scent of a Hobbit is all but unknown to him, which gives us a distinct advantage. You asked me to find the fourteenth member of this company, and I have chosen Andrea Baggins. There's a lot more to her, than her appearances suggest, and she's got a great deal more to offer, than any of you know. You must trust me on this. "

Thorin looked at her discussed. "Very well. We will do it your way. "

"Like hell we are!", Andy interjected. She wanted to shout at Gandalf, and jell out that she is no Hobbit. But less than having to go on this quest, she wanted some strangers to know her secrets. "You guys show up on my doorstep, invade my house and my personal space, none of you like me, I don't like anyone of you! Dwalin and Thorin already want to see me dead. Why on Arda should I help you? I really could not care less about your mountain of gold. Go dig it out yourself."

Thorin rolled his eyes, obviously annoyed of her and turned to Balin.

"Give her the contract. ", he ordered with a huff. Balin did as he was told.

"It's just the usual summary of out-of-pocket expenses, time required, funeral arrangements, so forth. "

"You've got to be kidding me", Andy said frustratetd but took the contract from Balin. She stepped a few steps back and opened it. She let out a sigh. It would take a while, until she would read it all. And she would. While Andy was busy with that, Thorin leans over to Gandalf.

"This is a terrible idea. I do not want her in my company. I cannot guarantee for her safety, and she is no use to us. We don't have time, to take care of a defenceless woman. "