going home.

The next week went by smoothly. Vivian and Luke packed up her house each day before everything was on an uhaul and on its way to Garden, Colorado, where Luke lived. Luke was granted full custody and now it was a matter of waiting before the investigation was over and they both were behind bars.

Luke was granted permission to take Vivian home and he could not be happier.

The two were now on their way to the airport, and it was nearly 1 in the morning. Luke grabbed a coffee from Starbucks for Vivian, as she was too tired to even speak.

Arriving at the airport was a breeze, luckily. They went through security quickly and made it to their gate. Nearly 2 in the morning now.

Vivian had her head on Luke's shoulder as she read from her book, and he was scrolling through his messages. He answered texts from everyone he could.

"Back at home," Luke began. "I renovated your room."

Vivian looked up at her dad. "You did?"

"I figured you might need a change. You're growing, baby. I got inspiration from your pinterest board, I hope you don't mind." Luke hummed. Vivian instantly had a smile on her face and gave Luke a tight, tight hug.

Having Vivian home would be a breath of fresh air from his 3 roommates, who were not like a 16 year old teenager at all, plus Vivian's uncles were over the moon to see her.

The flight couldn't have come any slower.

The flight boarded, and Luke and Vivian sat by the window. Vivian kept her eyes outside, watching the downpour of the snow plus rain mixed as Christmas was in a week. Or so.

"I'm gonna miss the snow," Vivian said, turning to her father and watching him fumble with the movie screen.

Luke turned his gaze to Vivian and said, "I'll take you to see snow. Maybe we'll go to Lake Tahoe."

Going back to Luke's house, forever, meant Vivian was going to have to switch schools. To say she wasn't nervous would be a lie — she already had a forever friend in Rhode Island, but now she had to make a new one.

She was going to miss Olive a hell of a lot.

It was more mixed feelings for Vivina though. Despite leaving Rhode Island. She was extremely excited to see her favorite uncles — basically her only uncles — besides Jack and Ben, whom she hadn't seen since she was 10.

"You okay?" Luke hummed. "You're spacing out."

Vivian instantly nodded. "I'm sort of hungry."

"We'll get you a snack. Plus, we're going to be home in around 7 hours. And trust me when I say Ashton will have a feast ready for you the second we step through those doors."